Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police

Article about: Hello again, I have an opportunity to purchase these two helmets from 1 person and suspect I could get a killer deal if I buy them both. The Police is stamped kp68. Late war production M42 p

Default M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police

Hello again,

I have an opportunity to purchase these two helmets from 1 person and suspect I could get a killer deal if I buy them both. The Police is stamped kp68. Late war production M42 police helmet only having one decal makes sense to me. My knowledge is very limited however.

The Luft has very faint stamping. I was told these are often a result of the stamp dies being worn out.

I think these decals look a lot better than the last Police helmet I just posted. I appreciate any and all comments regarding these two potential purchases.
    Kind Regards,
    CCCH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police   M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police  

M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police   M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police  

M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police   M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police
    P
    Many

We'll need the lotnumber of the hkp although I am already suspicious of that one. Also I don't recall ever seeing a Polizei with one decal so it is certainly not standard practice.
    The LW is good.

Here are a few more photos of the Luft. I am sort of leaning towards the Luft lid. Too bad the eagle has the lower half of his face missing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police   M1940 Luftwaffe SD and a M1942 SD Police  

The Luft is in very nice shape-in a condition that is seldom seen anymore. I would not worry overly about the small nip in the decal-it is a used and originally worn helmet, afterall. I'd be more miffed about the missing chinstrap.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

nice clean helmets like the Luft. best.

I am going to grab the Luft one for sure. I am waiting on a few more pictures of the Police. I will post them here once I receive them to get some more opinions on it.

the police is ok too. but very common.

Hi, I like the Luftwaffe helmet, no issues there, as for the Police helmet, I to have never seen a single decal example, so I would be wary of it without a good close up in hand look. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, I like the Luftwaffe helmet, no issues there, as for the Police helmet, I to have never seen a single decal example, so I would be wary of it without a good close up in hand look. Leon.
    Thanks Leon and everybody else who provided me with a response. Since it is on the other side of Canada, I am going to pass on the police. Luftwaffe it is!

Here are some more pics of the Police Helm. Liner looks okay to me, and it has the same drawstring material as my other M1942.

Looks like the maker mark is kp68 and the batch number is 48 8. Does this help any regarding the single decal issue?

If I purchase these helmets I can get them both for 1,200$ USD. That seems pretty fair. Thoughts?

Cheers Gents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast