Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M33 Duckbill Helmet - Stabswache Rohm

Article about: Gentlemen, I finally bit the bullet and let one of my rare helmets (a 3 piece gladiator helmet with a second pattern Luftwaffe Adler on the left and a tricolor on the right) go in a trade (w

Default M33 Duckbill Helmet - Stabswache Rohm

Gentlemen, I finally bit the bullet and let one of my rare helmets (a 3 piece gladiator helmet with a second pattern Luftwaffe Adler on the left and a tricolor on the right) go in a trade (with, of course, a fair amount of cash) for this rare gem, one of the few known surviving examples of a Stabswache Rohm helmet. The prior owner was willing to part with this one because he had just acquired an even better example! This one is an M33 duckbill shell, with a fair amount of the SA decal on the left, but, unfortunately, only a few remnants of the unique oversized red Adler decal on the right. The Adler was, presumably, intentionally removed shortly after the Night of the Long Knives, when the stabswachte was dissolved. There are only 2 or three small remnants of the Adler, but those, and the overall outline of the decal, are enough to positively identify that decal. This one is, apart from the decals, complete, and named as well. As far as I know, there are only about 10-15 of these known to exist, and in all but a few, the adler decal has been obliterated. Luckily, more than 50% of the SA decal remains on this example, and I think it displays well. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 Duckbill Helmet - Stabswache Rohm   M33 Duckbill Helmet - Stabswache Rohm  

M33 Duckbill Helmet - Stabswache Rohm   M33 Duckbill Helmet - Stabswache Rohm  

M33 Duckbill Helmet - Stabswache Rohm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M33 Duckbill Helmet - Stabswache Rohm
    P
    Many

Lucky lucky.
    Super rare helmet Jim.
    great helmet to have in any condition
    chris

Great rare lid Jim.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

What a beautiful super rare SA helmet Jim. Personally I would much rather have the chance to own this than a double decal SS M35!! A great piece of history. Leon.

Fantastic helmet!!! Sorry you had to sell one of your other helmets to buy this one but you did very well. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Never even seen this decal before Jim, thanks for sharing. Do you have a thread on that gladiator too? That sounds interesting.

Nice pick up Jim,its always a tough decision to make when letting go of something in your collection,hope it passes soon so you can really enjoy your new baby.......

?

Nice to see another collecteur having one.

Thanks for the kind reviews. Munich, please add yours to the thread, these are quite rare and very significant to the history of the Third Reich. I would really like to see yours! Cheers, Jim G.

Nice rare find! timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast