Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M34 civic firemans helmet

Article about: This one is up for grabs, opinions please. Let me know if anything is not correct.

?

Default M34 civic firemans helmet

This one is up for grabs, opinions please. Let me know if anything is not correct.

M34 civic firemans helmetM34 civic firemans helmetM34 civic firemans helmetM34 civic firemans helmetM34 civic firemans helmetM34 civic firemans helmetM34 civic firemans helmetM34 civic firemans helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 civic firemans helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M34 civic firemans helmet

A nice complete example with the US patented quick release chinstrap assembly. It is 100% period correct. I like it. Jim G.

?

A nice original complete with cone and neck flap looks great

?

Ditto, nice helmet, reasonable price??

Seems to have been on therupturedduck @ $400 for some time -- Overall I like it but I think the "1955, Taxi Driver..." inscription is the main detractor causing the somewhat reasonable price, relative to where it's offered, that is. I'd rather have a complete one without the post-war scribblings but to each his own.... it's surely a nice looking helmet regardless.

?

Why would the post war scribbling detract you? It is part of the history of the helmet, I think it is kinda cool.

In that sense everything that's ever happened to an item is part of its history... wether it be defacement of decals, replaced parts etc etc. I guess it's simply a matter of personal preference... I just don't like items with obvious marks of post-war fiddlings and I'm guessing that this might be why it's been on there for quite some time as well...that in relation to price. If you like it you should get it-

?

The owners name gives provenance to the item. I might even add mine.

Hey, go right ahead

?

I think it does not really detract from the item it is odd but is not very noticeable

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast