Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M34 civil "guards helmet"

Article about: Just bringing this thread back up to see if there are any comments or interest out there in these M34 civil factory stenciled lids. Granted, they are not as glamorous as combat lids but ther

Default M34 "guards" helmet - Arado Aircraft Factory

I picked this up in the last few days online from a seller in the UK. Now, I know there are some M34 civil helmets out there with decals added to spice them up ( like Telefunken & BMW ) but I have never seen one like this faked so I took a chance. The stencil seems to match up with the patina of the helmet as well as the overall wear ( of couse these are the sellers photos and an 'in hand' can really be the only way to tell ) BUT, it called out to me, plus the connection to the ARADO 234 Blitz that is my favourite ww2 jet fighter bomber and I couldn't let it go. Probably a fire marshal at the Arado flugzeugwerke rather than a 'guard' it still looks the part to me .........
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 civil "guards helmet"   M34 civil "guards helmet"  

M34 civil "guards helmet"   M34 civil "guards helmet"  

M34 civil "guards helmet"  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 civil "guards helmet"
    P
    Many

Default Re: M34 "guards" helmet - Arado Aircraft Factory

ERMMMM i think you find the same seller selling more of these M34's on ebay...I have ALWAYS stayed away from these Factory helmets..They ARE ULTRA RARE even in the book's the ones i have seen are D/D M34's...
    regards
    wayne

How to turn a £50 ND helmet into a £175 decaled helmet stick a fake decal on it and give it a rub down
    wayne

Default Re: M34 civil "guards helmet"

This seller has a reputation for "pimping" some of his items, though not everything he sells is dubious and I have never bought from him so I am merely repeating gossip, though the old saying "there is no smoke without fire".....

The same seller as this one.

My new British Pith helmet
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by ww2relicsandcollectables View Post
    How to turn a £50 ND helmet into a £175 decaled helmet stick a fake decal on it and give it a rub down
    wayne
    I agree Wayne, the zeppelin one is an easy spot as the wear behind the decal gives it away - but this one was not so blatant - maybe, just maybe it's OK.
    If not, no biggie - I didn't pay 175 thats for sure!
    Dan

Quote by Bond View Post
    This seller has a reputation for "pimping" some of his items, though not everything he sells is dubious and I have never bought from him so I am merely repeating gossip, though the old saying "there is no smoke without fire".....

The same seller as this one.

My new British Pith helmet
    THanks Jerry, well nothing ventured ...... and if I bought a dud, well that's life! If it is legit, then it's beaudy mate!!!!!
    Cheers, Dan

Good Dan i am glad to hear it I really don't want to sound like a broken record but PLEASE PPL watch out for item's on ebay...do your Homework and research,,I have NEVER been to any Millitira Fairs i Buy EVERYTHING over the net but i do my Homework first...I hope you can prove me wrong Dan...
    regards
    Wayne

Quote by Danmark View Post
    THanks Jerry, well nothing ventured ...... and if I bought a dud, well that's life! If it is legit, then it's beaudy mate!!!!!
    Cheers, Dan
    I hope it is good, but only time will tell and as I posted, I have no personal experience of this seller, only hear say. There is a seller in the Nederlands who also often has factory decaled helmets for sale and again the frequency with which he has them is suspicious, as almost on one else ever has any.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

TKS Wayne, I have a pretty good strike record with the evilbay but the temptation to click can be strong sometimes - especially when there is not a lot of info to do a background check with!
    Cheers, Dan ( lets see if living in the lucky country helps me? )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast