Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M34 Double Decal Fire Brigade Helmet

Article about: Here is one that I have had for decades. It is an aluminum M34 square dip shell that originally was equipped with a comb. The comb was removed, presumably, during the War. The outline of the

Default M34 Double Decal Fire Brigade Helmet

Here is one that I have had for decades. It is an aluminum M34 square dip shell that originally was equipped with a comb. The comb was removed, presumably, during the War. The outline of the comb is easily seen on the dome of the shell, and the holes were plugged with aluminum button like devices. It was issued with Police decals in the configuration that was in use from July 10, 1934 through July 28, 1936. I have included page 236 of the Baer treatise for reference. In fact, it looks as if this helmet is the exact model pictured on that page, albeit sans comb. There is also an ink stamp on the dome pad that reads "Joseph Mailander: Pflasterer Geschaft", which, if my rusty German serves, means the helmet was issued to road construction workers who, I assume, were employees of a company named Joseph Mailander. Any help with the meaning of the stamp would be appreciated. The liner is named to a R. Schmidtt - it shouldn't be too hard to research that fellow. Maybe this guy worked on the Autobahn? Nothing exotic, but I like it. Hope you do too. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 Double Decal Fire Brigade Helmet   M34 Double Decal Fire Brigade Helmet  

M34 Double Decal Fire Brigade Helmet   M34 Double Decal Fire Brigade Helmet  

Last edited by helmet2id; 04-28-2014 at 01:41 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Double Decal Fire Brigade Helmet
    P
    Many

?

That is a nice early one with the canted insignia.

Nice one

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Wonderful helmet, Jim. What a great looking piece. You really have some winners.

Great example Jim, that's something special.

Great decals on that one!! Leon.

?

Good looking M34 DD Jim.
    Those aluminium plugs are an interesting twist, can't say I can recall seeing them before.

Brad.

?

Interesting helmet