Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M34 with two eagle decals

Article about: My son picked up an M34 helmet, void the liner, for \\$25 at at yard sale a couple of years ago. We are trying to gather a little more info on it. I didn't provide a photo as it's a pretty sta

Default M34 with two eagle decals

My son picked up an M34 helmet, void the liner, for $25 at at yard sale a couple of years ago. We are trying to gather a little more info on it. I didn't provide a photo as it's a pretty standard M34, nothing special in appearance.

Here is what we have for information so far. Markings inside are a large capitol letter "A" and just to the left, in very small letters is what looks to be the letters D R and possibly a P. Under those letters is HALE and I am assuming a T in front of that for THALE.

The M34 has 7 hole vents, not raised and no comb holes. It appears to have its original black paint both inside and out. What I find most interesting is what appears to be eagle decals, the same on both sides. The decals are in pretty rough shape, one is hardly recognizable and just enough remains to tell they are eagle wings, the other decal, althogh about 50% missing, is clearly an eagle although any sign of a swastika is null and void. From comparing decal image they could possibly be first pattern Straight Legged Droop Tail eagles, absolutly not second pattern.

I know very little about steel hemets, just what I've been able to dig up searching around on the web.

Does anybody have any insite to what we might have here? Also, it sure would be nice to find an original liner for this helmet. One collector I talked to said it is near impossible to find liners for these non-military helmets, but I really don't know if he was an authority on these helmets.

Thanks,

Russ & Son

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34  with two eagle decals
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M34 with two eagle decals

Hello Russ (and son) and welcome to the forum.
    I'm sure the guys here will help you out but photos are everything and you'll get far more information and the members here will be able to provide more assistance if they can see exactly what we're talking about. Not only that, the photos are really useful for reference.
    Please post up some photos as I'm quite intrigued.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Here are a coouple of images of the M34.

Upon closer inspection of the eagle decal, on the right side of this helmet, I'm questioning if this decal is authentic. The small reminant of the swastika seems to be pointing in a more vertical direction than that of those I have viewed in other photos. Although there is very little left to view, of the eagle decal on the left side, the decal on the left appears to be much smaller in size. Seems to be some red color mixed in with the decal on the right as well, something I didn't notice until photographed.

?

Hello Russ &Son the photos dont tell us much im afraid, you will find that if you post photos of as many different angles ie both sides, closeups of the decals straight on, the interior plus the letters inside it might help the members to give an informed opinion, all these details help, regards dave