Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 1st Pattern Luftwaffe

Article about: Hey folks, I was super excited to come across this and pick it up. It looks perfect to me and I hardly find 1st pattern Lufts. Can anyone share an opinion on this one and the decals?

Default M35 1st Pattern Luftwaffe

Hey folks, I was super excited to come across this and pick it up. It looks perfect to me and I hardly find 1st pattern Lufts. Can anyone share an opinion on this one and the decals?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 1st Pattern Luftwaffe   M35 1st Pattern Luftwaffe  

M35 1st Pattern Luftwaffe   M35 1st Pattern Luftwaffe  

M35 1st Pattern Luftwaffe   M35 1st Pattern Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 1st Pattern Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

My opinion is that it looks like a nice one. I can not tell however if this is a snake leg or a straight leg 1st pattern decal.

The snake legs appear on helmets (according to Ken N's book) dated 35 to 37. The straight leg 1st pattern decal (I would assume but happy to stand corrected) has been seen on helmets up to 1939. (although the 2nd pattern decal came out in 38)...

That said, this lot number straddles other know helmets with a date range of 37 to 38 all with the reinforced liner band like yours.

Hopefully someone with keener eyes than me can tell if this is a snake leg or straight let. The photo is a bit blurry and the smudges on the decal obscure what I can see.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Morning, looks like a very nice "droop tail" Luftwaffe M35 to me as well. A lovely find, well done. Leon.

Nice lid! The liner ring is nice and tight-something I like to see-but the liner itself looks to have shrunken a wee bit. A shame it's missing the chinstrap, but these can be found. A decent looking early FW!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

around that lot number I have some snake leg adlers listed , later on they used the straight leg.
    Maybe of note that calling these decals 1st pattern is no longer correct as they were applied together with the other design so they are not earlier.
    This helmet looks good.

I should have it in about a week. I'll post better pictures of the decal to see if I can see the leg better.

It looks like a nice lid, look forward to better pics.