Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M35/40 Heer

Article about: The lid is a repainted M35, or a "re-issued" lid. Mnay M35's can be seen in this configuration as per 1940 orders that changed the look of the helmets. Single decals, rough paint.

The lid is a repainted M35, or a "re-issued" lid. Mnay M35's can be seen in this configuration as per 1940 orders that changed the look of the helmets. Single decals, rough paint. This helmet was repainted to those standards. The shade of green is typical of re-issues I dont see any concern with any of the parts you pointed out, but I am with you on passing. It's not one I would take. I'm not comfortable with the liner being original to this specific shell. But the paint and decal are original. Decals on reissued helmets are prone to flaking off, especially Navy decals. The decals just did not adhere as well to the rough texture.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35/40 Heer
    P
    Many

Ok, I took a third look at the pics. In the first pic the left visor edge and paint on and above the visor and dip does look like old rust and faded feldgrau from decades of poor storage. That's really the only pic I can see that shows the paint is good, but it does look good there. I wouldn't call it a "very good shade of feldgrau." I'd call it faded out feldgrau.

Quote by Michael L View Post
    Ok, I took a third look at the pics. In the first pic the left visor edge and paint on and above the visor and dip does look like old rust and faded feldgrau from decades of poor storage. That's really the only pic I can see that shows the paint is good, but it does look good there. I wouldn't call it a "very good shade of feldgrau." I'd call it faded out feldgrau.
    Best look first and call it after a good evaluation , it's a pity that after when a host of dedicated and experienced collectors have posted that the helmet is good someone posts 'it's a fake'.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Best look first and call it after a good evaluation , it's a pity that after when a host of dedicated and experienced collectors have posted that the helmet is good someone posts 'it's a fake'.
    Oh give me a break. The pics are crap and the lid is in poor condition (except for the liner). I was willing to look at it again.

?

Oh give me a break. The pics are crap and the lid is in poor condition (except for the liner). I was willing to look at it again.
    Sometimes it's best to ask questions first (look) and shoot later (post). ;-)
    Are you the same Mike L from GHW2?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Sometimes it's best to ask questions first (look) and shoot later (post). ;-)
    Are you the same Mike L from GHW2?
    Errrrr,......no Doug, that's not me. :-) Ya that is me. This lid just didn't look right to me. I suppose it was the pics and condition. It took 3 looks.

Errrrr,......no Doug, that's not me. :-) Ya that is me. This lid just didn't look right to me. I suppose it was the pics and condition. It took 3 looks.
    Nothing to Worry about. Sometimes it takes me ten looks!

?

Haven't got any more answers from the guy since yesterday. It could be that the guy have sold it or is dealing with someone else, I will keep you guys updated. I'm thinking of giving him a higher bid (260 £). But I have more helmets waiting that I will post in the helmet section in a couple of minutes.

Al

?

Sometimes it takes me 20 LOL

Quote by DougB View Post
    Sometimes it takes me 20 LOL
    Alcohol impairs the vision

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3