Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M35, authentic?

Article about: Dear all, Maybe I can buy this M35. What do you think about? Authentic? Liner and colour? With best wishes alter musketier

Default M35, authentic?

Dear all,
    Maybe I can buy this M35. What do you think about? Authentic? Liner and colour?
    With best wishes
    alter musketier

M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35, authentic?
    P
    Many

I tend to prefer pictures slightly bigger than m&m's kamerad

That said, it looks like it might be a good reissue. It might also be made of fondant though, so try for the pics.

Sorry, there are problems wiht the pictures. This thread could be deleted.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Are you looking at it on a site for sale? If so send a link.

Try these pics.

I'm suspicious the liner is a cleaned Norwegian. The stitching at the back looks dyed red, which is the toughest bit to clean. The leather pins are German aluminium, but they were not always replaced by brass ones in Norway. The outside paint is a bit odd looking too.

What do you reckon chaps?

M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?M35, authentic?

I see what you mean , the stitching does look a touch pinkish in places , also the size stamp has worn/washed out? The paint work looks more like a heavily used HEER (green) helmet has had an LUFTWAFFE(blue) overcoat without being stripped back and evenly re-painted? I must admit it has more questions than answers for my liking so I would pass on it. Leon.

Dear all,
    Thank you very much for your expert opions. Great! It's like a detective story about the traces of colour in the liner: I never thought about that this one is a helmet used in Norway.
    With best wishes
    alter musketier

just putting this out there with this helmet. but were german helmets used by the hungarians. and could this be one, that has been repainted for hungarian civil deffence.