Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M35 before and after

Article about: Hi guys,Went to a friends house today to remove the paint on my relic M35, I was happy when I found some remaining original paint under that ugly repaint no decals on it thought I think I fo

Default M35 before and after

Hi guys,Went to a friends house today to remove the paint on my relic M35, I was happy when I found some remaining original paint under that ugly repaint no decals on it thought I think I found out the size on it also, I think its a 36 or 38, Can anyone list the regular sizes for german helmets? also could anyone explain the brass or copper filling in the center of the helmet?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 before and after   M35 before and after  

M35 before and after   M35 before and after  

M35 before and after   M35 before and after  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 before and after
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 before and after

36 or 38 that can be correct the normal size is 64 .

Looks like the helmet may have been used as a grave marker and when someone has later restored the helmet has filled the hole where it would have been fixed to the cross prior to repainting .

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Looks like the helmet may have been used as a grave marker and when someone has later restored the helmet has filled the hole where it would have been fixed to the cross prior to repainting .
    Agree, this is most likely explanation.

Jerry

CMc
    ?

That seems possible, we had a thread on here a while back didn't we, in which people posted former grave marker helmets with holes nailed into them where they once adorned a cross or wooden post. Given that the metal around seems relatively sound and not substantially thinned down it doesn't look like the damage has been caused by lying upside down with a pool of water in it or anything like that, as I said that would result in a much wider area of thin, frilly metal surrounding the actual holes, when even the larger, more ragged hole there seems to be surrounded by 'good' metal.