Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Camo helmet evaluation

Article about: un étron ......... ( I put a smiley at the end )

Default M35 Camo helmet evaluation

Hello everybody I hope you are all keeping well, I have a helmet for all of you to take a look at. From my research from the literature that some of you had recommended to me I have concluded the following tell me if I have missed anything.
    -M35 double decal (removed)
    -ET 64 (64 centimeters)
    -Heat lot no. on back skirt 3971 (war time?)
    - Its a camouflage helmet.
    - its also signed (don't know what the 70 stands for?)
    I think it is a Normandy helmet, the paint looks good to me from some of the pictures I've been studying and I did last month have the rare opportunity to hold and observe 2 original German helmets. The chin strap looks original as does the liner I am curious about the brown color to it though, has to me legitimate wear very nice condition for the age (don't know about that), unfortunately the guy took pictures of this piece in his basement in fluorescent light, I tried suggesting him to take these pictures in natural day light, however this is what he gave me. The provenance is, this belonged to his Father whom was infantry in WWII and had confiscated this and other items off of German soldiers while on patrols, he then was stationed in Missouri USA he said that there was a German POW camp?? I did not know that? Anyways he does not know what to ask for and I do not know what fair market value is for this (IF ITS EVEN REAL). By the way I gave that relic lid I had to a member here, he likes it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Camo helmet evaluation   M35 Camo helmet evaluation  

M35 Camo helmet evaluation   M35 Camo helmet evaluation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Camo helmet evaluation
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 Camo helmet evaluation

hello, i like the helmet and would love to get one of these but i dont know much about them. i really only deal with and collect m1 helmets

?

These pictures of the paint are not doing it for me, proceed with extreme caution.

Bad paint at the very least!
    Regards,
    John

?

Paint looks like postwar in my opinion

?

Something worries me about this one, there's no age to the paint, the liner looks like its been cleaned and doesn't really match the condition of the exterior,however this maybe due to the bad lighting and photos,but. I would excercise caution

Sorry the paint and the helmet just don't match. I'll venture a guess as a good helmet and liner but the paint is post war.

?

Looks like there was a water slide decal attached incorrectly post war that has come away

Affirmative on your posts, as a learning tool for myself when talking about the paint being postwar what are all of you looking at? is to clean? color issues? and I do see what your talking about with the decals, I was kind of half and half on this. I do like the liner but this wont make me a buyer. Im awaiting DOUGB for the final review. No offense friends, Lol!

Quote by patches3 View Post
    hello, i like the helmet and would love to get one of these but i dont know much about them. i really only deal with and collect m1 helmets
    Im with you Patches3, me too, Thanks for taking a look anyway Im really new with these helmets, but learning a lot.

?

Doug will shoot this down in a heart beat......as will most anyone with any helmet experience at all.
    Regards,
    John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast