Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

M35 camouflage Luftwaffe

Article about: Picked this up today, small size ET62 . All looks good in hand the greens are coming out about Aqua in the photos , but pretty good to actual helmet best I can do on iPad. Hope of interest.

I've been collecting helmets on and off for 50 years or so, and this is one of my favourite M16's. Having said that... it's the ONLY M16 I currently have! And although it is nice to have good pictures on which to base an opinion, my own experience tells me that you cannot always pass judgement on a helmet just by looking at photographs alone. They look (and usually are) totally different in hand. Others may beg to differ, but that really is how I see it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 camouflage Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

?

Curious, no one has a problem with the decal for starters?

Really?
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by relicz View Post

Really?
    I am just getting my feet wet with Heer decals and even then, I'm still learning. Definitely not experienced with Lufts. What are your views John. Would love to get your experienced feedback as this is a make or break point.

Thanks!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by relicz View Post

Really?
    I am with John, that decal gives me pause for concern..... I wouldn't feel very comfortable owning this one, it all looks very contrived to me....

Bob

?

I have no problem with the Decal on this one.

Okey...I'll be the bad guy yet again and say it...I don't like the sprayed on green paint on this one...If this was painted with field paint, what in the heck were they painting at the time with such a hideous bright green color? It was obviously painted on right over the various nicks and chips but somehow, they managed for some reason to completely protect the decal from even a dot of over spray. And, while on the subject, why was the decal apparently dug out from the heavy paint to begin with? It's an odd helmet and not one that I would feel totally at ease with...If you feel good with it-then I'm glad for you, but it would not be for me...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I would imagine the nicks and scratches were post camouflage paint. Also I can not answe for the colours used as I didn't paint it. But yes I'm happy with it and thank you for being glad for me. Always odd how only the German helmet brings out the sarcasm and slight nasty nature. Maybe that's why Im turning away from German items and collecting more British and American lids. Many thanks for all comments and interest good or bad.

Because I give an honest assessment, I have "sarcasm and slight nasty nature"?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I see no sarcastic or nasty comments, just constructive and healthy critique which is prudent considering the volume of German camos that have been turning up the past 10/15 years.

?

Just my opinion

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast