Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 DD Army

Article about: Hey everyone, this is my first time starting a thread here. Here is a helmet I picked up at the SoS this weekend. I was turned onto this forum when I met member 'real steel' at the airport.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Nice helmet Jordan & was fun talking with you at the airport. (I watched him buy this from the Doctor at the SOS). Then I saw him sitting in the terminal with a brown paper bag next to him a day later...was easy determining what was in the brown bag
    Next year if I go I'm following you right to this Helmet Doctors table...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Army
    P
    Many

?

That helmet is perfection. It would be the jewel of any collection. congrats and welcome.
    Al

Really Stunning Helmet! Congrats! G.

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Pure speculation on my part but if the helmet was picked up in the hurtgen forest battle, which lasted 6 months and cost many American lives. The helmet is not a combat used helmet in the sense because this one is beautiful and no damage, it had to come from a german officer or at the least a soldier that was captured rather quickly. Just a thought at 6 in the morning.
    Marty
    If picked up in December '44 then immediately prior to Wacht am Rhien, so perhaps picked up by a 4th Inf Div vet, among the last to fight in the forest before the counter offensive began. Also it's possible the helmet originally had a cover, as the decals should have been removed. Nice helmet.

The best there is!

Jordan,

Welcome to the Forum and what a piece to make a grand entrance!

Joel

TWS
    ?

Super tasty helmet. Bravo!

Yes, on my way in I think I saw David lurking around the rental car counter wearing a sandwich board that said "Militaria Collectors Unite!" when I was picking up my vehicle.

I boarded my flight home after the SOS with two wraps in my backpack. I wasn't going to let them more than 12" from my body the entire trip home.

Stunning helmet.Thanks for showing it.
    Peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2