Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 dd combat police helmet q64

Article about: Thoughts on this dd combat police helmet, it's a quist made helmet q64 in rough condition and not sure on decals from these seller pics [ATTACH=CONFIG]1207746[/ATTACH

Any comments will be appreciated.Nothing more will be done to the helmet.It is definately a war veteran.Unfortunately I have no history on the helmet.The chinstrap is so dry that it is brittle.The short part where the buckle once was is completely broken off due to brittleness.I cannot read the whole rear lot number,except DN21?. Size is marked Q64. I know pictures are not the greatest,but I am new at this and learning how to post.Thanks for your patience.I look forward to hearing from you.
    Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 dd combat police helmet q64
    P
    Many

I think it cleaned up very nicely !!
    Yes...the images could be clearer, keep practicing & they will improve. Enjoy your new helmet
    David

The new photos don't say much , too small to see details.

Thanks David for comments.
    Peter

Thanks David for comments.
    Peter

Should I apply a light coat of REWAX to the helmet to seal the surface and prevent further progression of rust? If doing so will it affect the
    value of the helmet?I do not intend to sell the helmet.Any comments will be appreciated.
    Peter

Would leave it be. As long as it is in a climate controlled area...should not get worse
    D.

Thanks Dave for prompt reply.Yes, I am leaning that way to leave it as is.I have 40 other helmets Some I have had over 65 years,but none have this extensive rust condition.All are in a climate controlled environment along with daggers, visors and hats,uniforms,badges ,medals ,belts and buckles,etc.Your comments are appreciated.
    Peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2