Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD Feldherrnhalle SE64 #3782

Article about: Many FHH helmets now... This is a M35 double decal Feldherrnhalle helmet SE64, came to me in a trade from Doug. (Hard won trade he say's , but he got some beauty M35's ) Originaly it came ou

?

Default M35 DD Feldherrnhalle SE64 #3782

Many FHH helmets now...
    This is a M35 double decal Feldherrnhalle helmet SE64, came to me in a trade from Doug. (Hard won trade he say's , but he got some beauty M35's )
    Originaly it came out from a yard sale in Cocoa Beach, Florida.
    A fun thing is that the M35 double decal SA I posted earlier also was found in Florida, on a flea market

On the tilted photo you can see the left wing from the underlaying LW decal, and also the FHH monument decal is on top of another FHH decal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Feldherrnhalle SE64 #3782   M35 DD Feldherrnhalle SE64 #3782  

M35 DD Feldherrnhalle SE64 #3782   M35 DD Feldherrnhalle SE64 #3782  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Feldherrnhalle SE64 #3782
    P
    Many

I guess I'll survive Anders I remember this from when Doug had it. Wasn't it found discarded in a wheelbarrow or something, IIRC? I remember it was Florida. Saltier than the other two but still top shelf in anyone's collection.

Cheers,
    Andy

Never tire of seeing these! Another gem Anders, Jim G.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I guess I'll survive Anders I remember this from when Doug had it. Wasn't it found discarded in a wheelbarrow or something, IIRC? I remember it was Florida. Saltier than the other two but still top shelf in anyone's collection.

Cheers,
    Andy
    This was posted on GHW years ago by the buyer of the helmet from the garage sale. He told me the helmet wasn't even for sale, and that it was upside down in a wheelbarrow in the garage. The buyer offered $10 and the lady took it, much to the chagrin of her son who was upset when he found out and said "your not selling the BLACK one!!!" He promised me if he ever bought the black one I'd be the first to know. Often wondered what that black one was as I've never heard back from him.

Another interesting tidbit, he had it on eBay after he found out via GHW what it was and of course they pulled it. So he contacted me and we talked about a possible sale as I had given him a fair offer. I asked him what he collected, as he had a collectors eye and demeanor and it obviously wasn't militaria. It turned out he collected rare rock and roll memorabilia and my offer was exactly the number he needed to buy a very very rare Grateful Dead concert poster from a show they did eons ago in Toronto.

Coincidentally in a past life I used to collect rare rock and roll concert posters and LP's but had them all stored. I knew exactly the poster he was referring to and we talked rock and roll poster collectibles for an hour like old friends. It was pretty cool.

Man, ten bucks...... I am pretty bitter about the policy of the British regarding bringbacks. There is next to nothing over here, and rarely ever helmets. Too big to hide from the RMP on return. The only good chance was with Logistics corps guys or tankies or somebody else who came back with a vehicle. If I ever meet an ex armoured corps vet I always ask if he sneaked any lids back.

I can see the allure of collecting old rock and roll stuff. I used to have a few early Metallica LP's and singles, the crazy artwork ones. Not worth a whole lot but cool in a frame. One of my favourite bands. Their newer stuff is clunky and overproduced in comparison.

Very nice Anders!

A super helmet Anders , my wheelbarrow is just full of hard set concrete!! No quality helmets. Leon.