Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"

Article about: Nice helmet. Very hard to find.

Default M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"

I picked this one up off of ebay a few years ago. Just today I noticed, for the first time, that it is a so-called "Shorty" - the skirt is significantly shorter than those on "normal" combat shells. I have taken some shots with another standard M35 ET 64 shell (a double decal luftwaffe helmet) for comparison. Over the years a few "shorties" have turned up. Most are ET shells. There is no known reason for these odd balls. Some think they were special runs for specialized uses, others think that they were simply the result of using the end of the sheet of steel during the production run. I have no idea. On this one the maker/size and lot number stamps are near the bottom of the skirt, very near to the rolled edge. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"   M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"  

M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"   M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"  

M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"

very nice addition Jim and from ebay too congrats , rgds Dave

great comparison shots! nice helmet too!

?

That helmet fits your collection to a tee Jim and its in a deserving collection. My compliments!

Nice Shorty Jim you have a great collection.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Nice one Jim!I never really heard of so-called "shorty's" before this. Love the Luft lid as well, They look swell together.Thanks for sharing.
    ~Dean

Thanks guys. These are a mystery to the collecting community. I suspect that there are many more out there on shelves that people haven't identified. I was just lucky to have put in a low ball, but winning bid on this one, since I didn't know what it was when I pulled the trigger. Anyway, I am glad you like it. Cheers, Jim G.

After learning about these, I check all of the ones I find. I have yet to find one, but one day I will have a nice "Shorty" like this one.

Is the lufty the same sized shell (64)? I've heard of these............but never really taken the time (or remembered) to check helmets for this feature.

mike

Quote by davies435 View Post
    Is the lufty the same sized shell (64)? I've heard of these............but never really taken the time (or remembered) to check helmets for this feature.

mike
    Hi Mike, Yes, the L/W is also an ET 64 shell. Here are shots of the decals, the maker/size stamp and the lot number stamp. The stamps are much higher on the skirt than the stamps on the Heer, which demonstrates the difference in the depth of the skirt on the shorty. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"   M35 DD Heer - ET 64 - A "SHORTY"  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast