Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M35 DD Heer Rust Bucket

Article about: Nice EF double decal despite the missing liner Brad.

Default Re: M35 DD Heer Rust Bucket

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    So if there is no oxygen, tell me how the H2 gets it's 'O', Mr smarty-pants, hmmm?
    OK, chemistry is not my strong suite, but a planet without oxygen will ipso-facto have no water, only hydrogen. Therefore if the German army had a helmet dumping ground on Mars or Jupiter we would all be able to find pristine uncorroded helmets .......... wouldn't that be wunderbar!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Heer Rust Bucket  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Heer Rust Bucket
    P
    Many

I figured as much that you meant distilled water. I have no experience with distilled water and helmets. I'm genuinely interested, has this been done before? Before and after pics?

surely done before, i cant get pics at the moment but i will provide them. And as i said the method of only using distilled water is for helmets with very little or little rust, you can try to remove the rust a bit mecanically before and then put it in the distilled water for the final preserving. Dont work mecanically near the decals! And the decals will also get no harm from the water.

Another method for helmets with a big amount of rust is the usage of oxal acid in water. See before after pics, as you see also on the before pics were no decals left - but the oxal method is said to dont destroy decals and painting:

M35 DD Heer Rust BucketM35 DD Heer Rust Bucket

Source of the pictures:
    http://www.sondengaenger.at/forum/sh...highlight=helm

regards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3