MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 DD luft

Article about: I picked this up at auction recently. Liner appears original to the helmet, pins nice and tight. I couldn’t see the date though. What are your thoughts on it.

Quote by real steel View Post
    It's probably dated 1939 (liner band). Quist put out many Lufts in 1939. Your helmet is nice, I see no problem. The crazing on the eagle due to lacquer application is mostly seen on Q Luft helmets. It's very common
    D.
    Thanks. I couldn’t see a date. What side are they typically found?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD luft
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by Mauser202 View Post
    Thanks. I couldn’t see a date. What side are they typically found?
    Behind the chin strap bale on the wearer's right hand side. I carefully/slowly/gently push down on the chin strap bale and then the stamping is usually visible. Sometimes I need to take a q-tip and brush the dust off the stamping to read it. Believe it or not, some helmet purists would say I shouldn't wipe the dust off the stamping, but I find that a little extreme. I want to read the damn thing.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    Behind the chin strap bale on the wearer's right hand side. I carefully/slowly/gently push down on the chin strap bale and then the stamping is usually visible. Sometimes I need to take a q-tip and brush the dust off the stamping to read it. Believe it or not, some helmet purists would say I shouldn't wipe the dust off the stamping, but I find that a little extreme. I want to read the damn thing.
    There might be a dome stamp inside the dome. It should be dated. Your liner looks tight, so if you are going to "lift it"...be careful. It's aluminum & you could warp/distort it. A steel wartime liner band you can be a bit more aggressive,

Quote by TWS View Post
    Thanks, I found it. Real steel was spot on, 1939 dated. No dome stamp that I could see.

Cool!!
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mauser202 View Post
    Thanks, I found it. Real steel was spot on, 1939 dated. No dome stamp that I could see.
    I am not surprised!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2