Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD Luftwaffe ET64

Article about: Hello! Hope to get some opinions on this helmet, should I buy it or not? Price is 695 Euro from a dealer. It is mostly the decal I am wondering about, I have never seen one looking like that

?

Default M35 DD Luftwaffe ET64

Hello! Hope to get some opinions on this helmet, should I buy it or not? Price is 695 Euro from a dealer. It is mostly the decal I am wondering about, I have never seen one looking like that. I really searched the internet to find a Picture of an eagle looking something like this one. Helmet is stamped ET64 and 3317. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Luftwaffe ET64   M35 DD Luftwaffe ET64  

M35 DD Luftwaffe ET64   M35 DD Luftwaffe ET64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Luftwaffe ET64
    P
    Many

The Decal is the early Drooptail Decal only found on M35 Helmets, i cant comment on the Originality but i think it stands a chance, they are realtively rare.
    More about Luftwaffe Decals here: Luftwaffe Decals – German Helmet Vault
    As for the price i think its too expensive, it may be a Double Decal and a special variant Decal, but it seems like there is almost no paint left.

I bought this DD M35 Heer for 250, and people already told me it was too expensive.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Luftwaffe ET64  

?

Thanks Adravor, now I see it when you pointed it out for me! I knew there is such a type og eagle but I just couldnt see it.

The decal appears to me to be original. The price is, in my opinion, way too high. For that money you can get a nice single decal M40 Luft. Jim G.

Agree with Jim in regards to the price. If you look inside the shell especially around the skirt you can still see some some of the Luftwaffe blue-gray paint which draws attention to how devoid the outer shell actually is. Unless you could get it cheaper it’s really a false economy to buy something that you’ll most likely want to upgrade to later on.

Andy

?

Hi Clauz,

I definitely agree with Jim and Andy on this one. I was eager to get as many helmets as I could when I started collecting and almost bought a few like this. but these guys and many others insisted I wait for something better. Best advice I got and i'm glad I got it early. Save for something you can be proud to own. And at that price, Like Jim said, you could get a nice SD lufty.

?

Thanks for all the input. I will try to talk the price down, what I like is that it is a complete helmet with chinstrap. And I also want a helmet that looks like it really was a part of ww2, with signs of use and wear. But ok this one maybe is too much worn.

Hello
    Search on sites like Ebay or EbayKleinanzeigen, there you can have luck to find a good helmet for a better price
    For my part I bought all my helmets(not my M38) from private collectors and private persons and I am found very good things
    This M35 ET64 LW helmet I bought for 350€
    Time is the Key for good militaria at all
    BR
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Luftwaffe ET64  

Quote by clauz View Post
    Thanks for all the input. I will try to talk the price down, what I like is that it is a complete helmet with chinstrap. And I also want a helmet that looks like it really was a part of ww2, with signs of use and wear. But ok this one maybe is too much worn.
    Do not confuse oxidation ,paint damage and leather wear with signs of WW2 wear , another common mistake by new collectors that I have refuted here time and again.
    Most of these have had harder lives after the war which is why they look the way they do.
    Which is why buying a better example for a little more money is always the better thing to do like Alex above already pointed out.

?

Thanks guys, you gave me a lot of good information on this one.