Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet

Article about: Check this - my recently purchased M35 double decal Luftwaffe helmet. I already have an M42 Heer helmet and i was going to wait a while before getting another, but could not resist this. I w

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Well done Nick, a nice early "droop tail" Adler and I love the crazing to the National shield. A pretty decent helmet for that price. Leon.
    Thanks Leon. I read elsewhere that the early Luftwaffe Adler decals were both droop tail, one straight leg and one snake leg.
    Have i got that right?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by real steel View Post
    Split pins don't match. From your pics, I would think the liner has been replaced. But it's in your hands, you should be able to tell.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I examined the lid again and i think that either one of the split pins has been replaced or maybe the entire liner.
    You're right that they are not the same on left and right. To me the liner looks 'old' but i'm not able to determine anything more as i'm not yet experienced enough.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Love the m35 DD Luft lids, they are my favorite. Still waiting to add one to my collection.
    Nice early helmet!!

If you are wanting one I have one for sale in the classifieds, I can make your dream happen.��
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 09-16-2017 at 04:09 AM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

just had a look at the one you got and yes a good buy at what you got it for.i do like this one alot.be happy to get one like this..

Quote by oldthings View Post
    just had a look at the one you got and yes a good buy at what you got it for.i do like this one alot.be happy to get one like this..
    What I liked was that the decals were a bit rough, but still visible and the helmet had a nice feel to it - and you've gotta like an M35 DD.

I'm guessing if you are based in New Zealand you have to look further afield for this kind of thing.

Also worth checking out is this book - German Helmet Resource Book - 'Germany's Combat Helmets 33-45' by Ken N

There are some very experienced folk on these forums, and I've got a way to go before I have anywhere near their knowledge, but the above book helped a lot. I think the general consensus is that this is one of the best books.
    Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2