Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet ?

Article about: I know guys, here I go again. I bought this beautiful helmet online about 2 years ago based on photo's only. The helmet decals are almost 100 % which of course lead ne to believe they are fa

?

Default M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet ?

I know guys, here I go again. I bought this beautiful helmet online about 2 years ago based on photo's only. The helmet decals are almost 100 % which of course lead ne to believe they are fake. But they look so real to me. Also the the helmet has an ink stamp oval on the inside shell. I can only make out what looks like a 35. I bought this because I really liked it even though I was skeptical, so fire away. thanks, Al.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet ?   M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet ?  

M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet ?   M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet ?
    P
    Many

Default re: M35 DD Luftwaffe Helmet ?

you sadly are right talking about the decals , they are fake !

were all luftwaffe lids blue? or did they paint them officaily any other colour? i know they snow camo painted them theirselfs on the feild and things like that? cheers

Well my tuppence worth is that it is a nice Quist helmet, that yet once again has been ruined. If you look closely, the decals are not in keeping with the rest of the helmet. The Adler is mint, but the linings shot Both decals look to have been applied over a rusty helmet. The scratches on both decals are not consistent. This is a good lid, ruined by the addition of some 3rd rate decals.

The pins also look to me as if they are not part of the same setup.

Ewan, the colour could be down to the photograph, or monitor. But I do not care for that either

john true mate i cant wait to show my new luftwaffe lid

its got your name on it

?

Thanks for all the info. My spare room is starting to look like the pile of relics in that thread where someone located a mountain of helmets in Spain. The bad pile is increasing.

Aslo if you look at the dome stamp, you will see this is applied on top of already rust pitted metal.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    were all luftwaffe lids blue? or did they paint them officaily any other colour? i know they snow camo painted them theirselfs on the feild and things like that? cheers
    Hi Ewan, the Luftwaffe did repaint the feld divisions helmets in field grey on the exterior, but these were reissues, often with the interior left in the original air force blue.

A different subject matter of course, but the Luftwaffe's FJ M38 helmets were never blue.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    Yes , many different shades which differ per maker and model.
    Age , Patina can turn some M35's LW's green even.
    Last edited by Schwerpunkt; 08-13-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast