Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )

Article about: Hi. This helmet is on sale on Ebay.de at the moment. Looks like an good original helmet ! But the Lot number stamping is something I have never seen before !? ( Original ? ) What does these

Default M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )

Hi. This helmet is on sale on Ebay.de at the moment. Looks like an good original helmet ! But the Lot number stamping is something I have never seen before !? ( Original ? ) What does these extra stamps mean if original ? Please tell and show if you got a helmet like this with special stamps ! Thanks. SF M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )
    P
    Many

Looks fine, ET had odd lots like this from time to time. I would have expected the ET serif font though as I thought they were all early. Still, no problem with that lot number. If it's a good price I would go for it. Better pics of the decals wouldn't hurt.

I also have a double decal luft with the same ET stamp and the lot number is not a million miles away.
    Would have liked to have seen an aluminium liner band on the liner though, what do you reckon Andy?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )   M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )  

Attached Images Attached Images M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping )  M35 DD luftwaffe helmet ( With odd Lot number Stamping ) 

I was thinking the same on the liner Chris. With the early bird the chances are high it would have had an aluminium one. Maybe swapped out I think. Steel and not brass liner pins too I see.

?

Looks good and original to me.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Steel and not brass liner pins too I see.
    Yep, didn't notice that. Could have been wartime done I suppose??

If it was cheap enough I'd buy it just to study it, see if the liner belongs and how the split pins look. Not a helmet I would keep but interesting study specimen.

Hi , looks like a decent early M35 "droop tail" Luftwaffe double decal helmet that has had the liner and pins replaced to me. The stampings look fine so at the right price it would be a nice pick up. Leon.

Hi guys. Thanks for your opinions on this helmet ! It was sold for 236 euro. Nice low price. Thought It would sell for more ! The guy/girl who bought it made a good buy ! ... Does no one here know what the W and 8 stands for ? could it be a control stamp ( initial / worker number) on one of the guys who produced/handled/made this helmet ,and others with these stamps !? And why did they mark only a small number of helmets and not all during the whole war with these ekstra stamps ? Someone who knows ? Thanks ! SF