Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 DD Lufty

Article about: by Sebastian I think it's overpainted and new decals Could you elaborate on that statement please Seb, as id like to hear your reasoning behind it, are you seeing something that we have perh

Default Re: M35 DD Lufty

well if they swapped the claw and the swas for the original they did a damn good job somehow i can't see a faker doing that i think its good (think about if they replaced the swas then why not the other claw?)

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Lufty
    P
    Many

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Since you pointed that out, I can kind of see that now. The sharpness of the graphics on the swatika and claw is much sharper and cleaner that the rest of the decal. I'll post a link below to a site that has a repro decal and the claw is identical to this one. The bright white of the swastika and claw is much brighter than the original portion of the decal. This is unfortunate because the rest of the helmet look great (i think!).

http://www.military-steel-helmets-an...tWaffe_2nd.jpg
    Yes it is unfortunate because the rest looks as it should. Most probably done by a collector that liked the adler complete.

Tom,

The only reason I can think that they did not want to replace the other claw as well is the complexity. If you figure how intricately the upper claw is attached to the body, more so than the lower claw, it might not have been worth the risk of messing up the decal just to replace a damaged claw.

Any thoughts on the nation colors decal? I think it is original

Tom,

Any thoughts on the nation colors decal? I think it is original
    Yes no problem with that one.

Helmet looks great. Wish it were mine. I purchased a refurbished one years ago for display purposes and paid good money for it. It looks awesome though but hope to find one like yours soon. Thanks for sharing.

This on isnt mine. It's been offered to me. I love the look, with the exception of the lower claw and swastika. I am on the fence about buying.

i think it depends on the price is it cheap enough to be a worthwhile purchase or not

tom

This on isnt mine. It's been offered to me. I love the look, with the exception of the lower claw and swastika. I am on the fence about buying.
    I would refuse it simply because of the added swastika , these helmets are not rare.

I think it's overpainted and new decals

I would go with Frank's advice on this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast