Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 dd lw q66 1381

Article about: First of all my apology for the cell phone photos. I have two questions about this possible purchase. I do get to hold this in my hand and take actual photos before I decide since the helmet

Default M35 dd lw q66 1381

First of all my apology for the cell phone photos. I have two questions about this possible purchase. I do get to hold this in my hand and take actual photos before I decide since the helmet was picked up by a friend that just gives me first choice on usually decent stuff. This time I'm not sure.

What do others think about cleaned helmets? I'm thinking this may have been white and cleaned which to me takes away from it.

Second question, when I check the data base on lot numbers this one falls under the first pattern decal. Is there enough of the decal remaining to tell if it is a snake leg, droop tail?

Again my apology for the poor photos and I know the decal photo isn't good enough to know if it's real. All I'm asking is does it resemble the first pattern or is there enough remaining to even tell anything?

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 dd lw q66 1381   M35 dd lw q66 1381  

M35 dd lw q66 1381   M35 dd lw q66 1381  

M35 dd lw q66 1381  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 dd lw q66 1381
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 dd lw q66 1381

Well the decal is the second pattern, but as you said the picture isnt good enough to know if its real. Same goes for the tri colour.

As far as being cleaned it does effect the value and I would bypass them in most cases as you have to put your mind forward to moving them on in the future and how easy its going to be. Choice is yours but unless its half the value of an untouched I would leave it alone

Jason

?

Its pretty rough, unless its cheap like borscht I would pass.

?

I agree it would have to be very cheap to make it worthwhile.

Brad.

would pass also, infact i wouldnt even own it! as said its a second pat eagle not a droop tail, you can tell the difference from both decals even with just a wing visible as they are totally different!

?

All that "red paint" that seems to be under the decal and layer of paint puts me off

I'll still look at it first hand before I decide but I wasn't excited about it when my friend first sent me photos. I just don't like things that have been altered and done so rather crudely it appears. I already have what I consider to be a nice named DD LW M35 now so it isn't like I need an extra. Thanks for all your thoughts.

?

Quote by Logictox View Post
    ...I already have what I consider to be a nice named DD LW M35 now so it isn't like I need an extra. Thanks for all your thoughts.
    Thats true and its one way to tie up collector cash, and have to panic sell it at a loss later on when something better comes along. Best to have a strategy and stick to it. Collect by maker, by branch, by size, something to garner your focus and dollars in a specific direction.

Doug and others as usual thank all of you for your input. Trying to acquire helmets these days is like walking through a mine field, you guys help to provide a basic map to guide the way.

Here is one double decal Luftwaffe I already have which I believe to be 100% original and much much nicer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 dd lw q66 1381   M35 dd lw q66 1381  

?

Yes that is a good honest helmet with great look and very desirable.

A simple rule of thumb, is if you are not totally in love with it, and I mean totally, then dont buy it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast