Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 dd lw q66 1381

Article about: First of all my apology for the cell phone photos. I have two questions about this possible purchase. I do get to hold this in my hand and take actual photos before I decide since the helmet

Default Re: M35 dd lw q66 1381

Nice Luft there with the JK naming. I agree with Doug, as well as getting the warm and fuzzy of a helmet being original, you should also know whether you want (need) a helmet within a few seconds.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 dd lw q66 1381
    P
    Many

4md
    ?

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Doug and others as usual thank all of you for your input. Trying to acquire helmets these days is like walking through a mine field, you guys help to provide a basic map to guide the way.

Here is one double decal Luftwaffe I already have which I believe to be 100% original and much much nicer.
    Thats definitely a much nicer one

The first helmet looks great to me, but I am a bit of an optimist. The red markings are COMMON on M35 DD Luftwaffe helmets, nothing unusual there. I have no idea what the red paint/markings are from, but I have the same red markings on two of my M35 Luftwaffes as well. The white could be wartime whitewash, period cleaned. It would take an in hand examination to know for sure. Both are nice authentic helmets. Although the liner looks a bit messy on the first, it still has a great chinstrap. It's worth grabbing if the price is right, in my opinion.

Regards,
    Corey

?

Max - set your sights on what appeals to you helmets wise, and follow your heart as you did with hand guns,,,,,there are no real shortcuts besides arming yourself with knowledge.
    Regards,
    John

John,

Your right but I've always been kind of a buyer of chance. I found that if I search for just one thing I come across everything else. Of course my helmet acquisitions will soon slow as I have ample for the purpose I started purchasing them for. In fact I have missed some nice pistols as of late and I really need to get back to my true passion which is the handgun end of this. Most of the other I simply get for photo props but I want only 100% genuine items in the photos. I did re-arrange my little display today and finally put some swords up but now I need to get at least one more case as I have more helmets then the displays will hold with other items mixed in.

Thanks again for all your help and looking at things for me before I purchase.

Max

The helmet does look better in person. It has white and red paint. The story was it had red crosses and the vet cleaned them. Of course I know buy the item and not the story. Liner is original and decent. Asking price was 1k. I did get a WWII US fixed bail captains helmet he had though.

Better photos. Like I say in person it looks much better than the cell phone photos made it look. There is certainly red paint and what appears to be white wash on the helmet. Damn shame the guy had to clean it. My friend picked up a Luftwaffe uniform some daggers and other items from the same vet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 dd lw q66 1381   M35 dd lw q66 1381  

M35 dd lw q66 1381   M35 dd lw q66 1381  

M35 dd lw q66 1381  

The new pictures makes it look heaps better than the original pics. The decal is defiantly a good one to. Looks like a decent enough lid.

Cheers
    Jason

Since when has red paint been COMMON on M35 luftys Sir Payne? Please explain that comment.

If you notice the cleaned areas would coincide with the story. It appears each side had an area cleaned, the front and top also have cleaned areas that look to be the same size. Near each area there are still traces of red paint as well. Who knows, in the end I paid much less for it since we bargained an old SA dagger I got in a lot purchase and much less cash. It will now live in my house for better or worse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast