Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m35 dd small size opinions please

Article about: hi ive seen this for sale can i have your thoughts please the thing im not sure of is its size 60 is this usual

Default m35 dd small size opinions please

hi ive seen this for sale can i have your thoughts please the thing im not sure of is its size 60 is this usual m35 dd small size opinions pleasem35 dd small size opinions pleasem35 dd small size opinions pleasem35 dd small size opinions pleasem35 dd small size opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m35 dd small size opinions please
    P
    Many

Sizes ranged from 60 to 68. I guess some 70 size are known too but I have never seen one. Smallest I have seen is 62 so this new to me. You will be asked to provide a clear, straight on shot of the Heer decal. Initially, it looks good to me. Others need to chime in. NH

Hi, I cannot be 100% sure from these images, but I think the decals are ok, the liner however looks like it may be a replacement as it appears to be in much better order than the steel? Leon.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Sizes ranged from 60 to 68. I guess some 70 size are known too but I have never seen one. Smallest I have seen is 62 so this new to me. You will be asked to provide a clear, straight on shot of the Heer decal. Initially, it looks good to me. Others need to chime in. NH
    70 is "common" compared to the 72 and 74.

The front left liner pin looks like one of those post war ones (not repros but refurbishment ones (hope ive written it well)).
    The leather is repleced at best IMO, since the pins and the liner like this should not belong onto a early helmets (ALU 1st or 2nd model liner and brass pins) but the lot number can tell unless its a reissue.

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    70 is "common" compared to the 72 and 74.

The front left liner pin looks like one of those post war ones (not repros but refurbishment ones (hope ive written it well)).
    The leather is repleced at best IMO, since the pins and the liner like this should not belong onto a early helmets (ALU 1st or 2nd model liner and brass pins) but the lot number can tell unless its a reissue.
    Leonardo, Good Lord! A 74 must look like a Darth Vader helmet! Never heard of those sizes. On this 60 example, the split pins do look unusual. The paint does suggest a re-issue. Once again, I think some better photos of the Heer decal will be helpful. NH

Yes a Russian friend of mine found a size 74 in the forest looked like a large washing bowl, crazy looking helmet

Quote by kradman View Post
    Yes a Russian friend of mine found a size 74 in the forest looked like a large washing bowl, crazy looking helmet
    Is it an M42? Because then it would look like a monster...

I have only one '62' in my collection and IMO it looks silly against the 64s and 66s due to its small size. Putting it on my head it sits there on top like a clown hat. To me, a 60 would look like a joke in my collection. Unless someone has the urge to collect 'all sizes, all branches' etc, then I wouldn't be encouraging a '60' purchase. Just MHO of course...

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I have only one '62' in my collection and IMO it looks silly against the 64s and 66s due to its small size. Putting it on my head it sits there on top like a clown hat. To me, a 60 would look like a joke in my collection. Unless someone has the urge to collect 'all sizes, all branches' etc, then I wouldn't be encouraging a '60' purchase. Just MHO of course...
    Do you collect to dress up or is originality most important ?
    The size discussion is 'the joke' to me.
    To each his own and let's just discuss originality.
    The size discussion is just plain boring and unimportant. I have all sizes 62-68 and there is not one clown on my shelves.

What he said ^ ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast