Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395

Article about: My newest addition - an M35 ET64 shell, lot number 4395, adorned with Police decals - but the decals are “reversed”! My strong suspicion is that this one was worn by a Mann in the 4th SS Pol

Default M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395

My newest addition - an M35 ET64 shell, lot number 4395, adorned with Police decals - but the decals are “reversed”! My strong suspicion is that this one was worn by a Mann in the 4th SS Police Division! There is a period photograph of members of that unit in combat in a mortar pit, and the helmets in that photo show both Police Adler and Party Shield decals on the left. No definitive evidence that this one is 4th SS, but it makes sense to me. In any event, this helmet is complete with a reinforced aluminum banded liner and chinstrap ((the end of which has broken off). The leather is sweat stained - this one was in the field - and has a name inscribed. I love reverse decal helmets and when this one became available I had to have it. Another plus is the relatively rare gray backed Adler decal . There are some condition issues with the Police Adler, but to my eye it is a one look period applied decal , and when did last you see a reverse decal M35 Police helmet? Anyway, here it is, my best acquisition this year. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395   M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395  

M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395   M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395  

M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395   M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395
    P
    Many

Indeed a nice helmet Jim, that could have been worn by a SS soldier. those small crazing over the eagle are a good sign in terms of period application

It looks like on of those eagle in a grey shield instead of a black shield ? Where have we seen that before ?

Really interesting helmet Jim.

Hi Frank, There have been a few threads about these gray backed Adlers. They are most certainly rare. The previous threads concerned these decals on 3 piece Luftschutz helmets. I have one of those. A while ago I went back to my Police helmets in storage and realized that I also have an early gray (originally black) droop bill shell with reverse Police decals and the Police decal on that one is also a gray backed bird. I have heard that someone (I forget who) has this decal on a beaded combat shell as well. I don't think we know who made these Police decals. Jim G.

Hi Frank, Here are the other 2 helmets in my collection with the gray backed Police Adler decal. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395   M35 Double Decal 4th SS Police Division(?) Helmet - ET64 - Lot# 4395  

yes the decal appeared to me those with grey shield as well, albeit darker than the few known ones and all bordered. also seen on beaded
    a very scarce variant.
    no one unapplied has never been found so we don't know the maker so far..

Great stuff Jim , you have the monopoly on them so far it seems :-)

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Great stuff Jim , you have the monopoly on them so far it seems :-)
    Jim is the oddball helmets Lord ;-)

Nice looking lid with an unusual configuration.
    Congratulations.

MAP
    ?

Quote by sysyphus View Post
    jim is the oddball helmets lord ;-)
    rofl!

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)