Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet for opinions

Article about: Hi folks, I'm considering a combat police helmet, and wanted to see if there are any flags with this one? It's stamped ET64 Price is in the ballpark of \\$1000, which is within a couple hundre

Default M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet for opinions

Hi folks,

I'm considering a combat police helmet, and wanted to see if there are any flags with this one? It's stamped ET64 Price is in the ballpark of $1000, which is within a couple hundred of where I'd top out on one. Not much else to say about it... Looking to get just one nice 100% un-messed with helmet (doesn't have to be mint), and when I pick up a combat police, that might be the only German helmet I get. So, I hope to make it a good one!

Thanks so much for the time and advice on if this is a good one, or if better can be found around in my price range.

Question on this next photo, are the little vertical ripples at the back of the dome dents or were they part of the construction process and nothing to worry about?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Double Decal Combat Police Helmet for opinions
    P
    Many

A nice one. It has a reinforced aluminum banded liner, but appears to have rounded chin strap bales, an interesting anomaly, but in this case it appears to be correct. It is a very fair price for this one in my opinion. Jim G.

Thanks for the info Jim! I looked at some other helmets to get an idea of what the difference is on the bales, and if what I'm seeing is right, you typically see those on later helmets? Do you think this one had the liner replaced at some point, or would have been made that way?

Also, I'm still learning about helmets and was wondering if the ripples in the back of the shell dome is due to the pressing of the metal at the factory? I've seen some of those on a few other helmets and wonder what causes it....

MAP
    ?

The ripples could be "draw" marks. But hard to see from these photos exactly.

Check out this thread for a complete explanation. Obviously it is a WW1 shell and much more pronounced.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-shell-519461/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP, I think that's probably what that is on this one. I wonder what the factory tolerance was on little defects. I've seen a few helmets exhibiting the ripples in my brief journey so far, nothing like your WW1 shell though, and even not quite as deep as on the one I've posted here.

That video posted in your thread showing them made is fascinating! I wasn't expecting them to shoot one of the helmet samples. Something tells me that must not have been a very practical test though, since there are a lot of shells out there with bullet holes in them. I think the video is worth linking to again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqyaOvXvSnE

Great looking WW1 helmet BTW! Everything about it teases its story.

Quote by avenger View Post
    Thanks for the info Jim! I looked at some other helmets to get an idea of what the difference is on the bales, and if what I'm seeing is right, you typically see those on later helmets? Do you think this one had the liner replaced at some point, or would have been made that way?

Also, I'm still learning about helmets and was wondering if the ripples in the back of the shell dome is due to the pressing of the metal at the factory? I've seen some of those on a few other helmets and wonder what causes it....
    From what I can tell the liner is original to the piece. The reinforced aluminum liners went into M35's, and usually had squared bales. The zinc/steel banded liners went into M40'2 and M42's, but as the transition from aluminum to steel bands was taking place they used what was available. In all likelihood they ran out of the older squared bales and just used the newer rounded bales. I have a double decal M35 SS that has rounded bales on an aluminum liner band, and another M35 with one squared and one rounded bale on an aluminum liner as well. Regarding the ripples, a others have said, these are just "draw" marks - no problem with them or the helmet. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Yeah. The M16 is just oozing "story".

The video is just awesome. I love the 2 or 3 seconds of them applying the luft decal. Oh to be able to go back in time and just "lift" a few of these off the drying rack and hop back into our time machine....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, looks like a very nice Combat Police helmet to me as well, with no issues. Leon.

ET's with high 4xxx digit lotnrs often have a reinforced alu liner with the rounded bales , no biggie.
    Looks like a nice helmet.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Oh to be able to go back in time and just "lift" a few of these off the drying rack and hop back into our time machine....
    I've thought how great that would be myself. I've also imagined how interesting it might be to take an iPad back in time and find a young Adolf Hitler in a pub somewhere and show him what the future holds if he joins the dark side. In my imagining, I believe I reckoned he would just use the information to try and not make certain key mistakes, or kill me to take the iPad which could lead to even more advanced third reich weaponry. In the end, I think some people are just destined to be "Judas".

Thanks for the feedback everyone! This helmet is paid for, and will essentially be my Christmas present this year (which always seems a bit awkward ) Now I'll be able to join the helmet owners club.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast