Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Double decal Heer

Article about: Nice lid, would love a 60. I agree with you there Dave, could quite possibly be a corpse cut with the strap and blood staining. That lufty in my avatar pic has a fantastic outer but inside i

Default Re: M35 Double decal Heer

Nice lid, would love a 60.

I agree with you there Dave, could quite possibly be a corpse cut with the strap and blood staining.

That lufty in my avatar pic has a fantastic outer but inside is quite heavily blood stained

Jason

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Double decal Heer
    P
    Many

?

Nice condition of the helmet exterior.

'Corpse cut,' 'helmet interior heavily splattered with blood' - Jeeeez, Im eating here......

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thats a very nice DD Frank, i presume that it could even be a corpse cut judging by the possibility of blood and chin strap cut, its amazing that on some of these "corpse cut " helmets that very little damage is actually seen to the lid itself and yet the liner could be stained heavily
    Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Nice lid, would love a 60.

I agree with you there Dave, could quite possibly be a corpse cut with the strap and blood staining.

That lufty in my avatar pic has a fantastic outer but inside is quite heavily blood stained

Jason
    Thanks everyone , I'm not a blood spatter expert so it could be anything but the chinstrap is cut as I have noticed on a lot of helmets coming from the US. Cut near the ear would be the best way to remove a helmet from a body I think.

This helmet is a size 62 by the way.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thats a very nice DD Frank, i presume that it could even be a corpse cut judging by the possibility of blood and chin strap cut, its amazing that on some of these "corpse cut " helmets that very little damage is actually seen to the lid itself and yet the liner could be stained heavily
    As distasteful as i find the idea of corpse cut helmets being kept as trophies I would imagine the lack of damage to the lid despite prolific blood damage could be due to death by concussion from HE pressure waves from artillery impacts. Blood will be forced from eyes and ears and with any luck, death will be swift yet i imagine, not exactly painless.

?

True it could be a concussion injury, but if you think about , i would suggest that at least 50% of helmets in collections could well be from the bodies of dead soldiers, just because theres no blood doesnt mean the poor guy wasnt deceased, the same could apply to other helmets from other countries

Loving it! Still need to add one to my collection. Great pick up for you.

A very pretty helmet with the perfect amount of wear.

For some reason, every 60 cm helmet I have ever seen is a double decal Heer. Has anyone else noticed this?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post

For some reason, every 60 cm helmet I have ever seen is a double decal Heer. Has anyone else noticed this?
    The last 2 Heer helmets I have acquired are DD's, size 60. These are the only 2 size 60 helmets I own.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post

This one is a 62.

?

Nice to see this tiny one again Frank. I heard you were taking it with you on your next vacation to Australia. ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast