Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler

Article about: The newest arrival - an interesting former double decal Luft reissue. *This one originally had a droop tail adler (hard if not impossible to see in the pictures but with a loupe it can be se

Default M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler

The newest arrival - an interesting former double decal Luft reissue. *This one originally had a droop tail adler (hard if not impossible to see in the pictures but with a loupe it can be seen), which, along with the tri color, was scraped off.* Rough textured grey paint was applied over the scraped areas, and on the left side this was applied in a triangle over which a subdued adler decal was placed. *This was probably done in 1940 when regs called for the removal of the tri color decal, and, according to Ken N. and Anders L., when subdued adler decals were most often applied. *The single banded, 1936 dated original liner is in the shell (albeit with a shoe string tie string), but the chin strap is missing. *When it was reissued rough textured grey paint was also applied*on the interior of the apron up to the liner. *The lot # is 3001 but the*maker/size stamp can't be read. *I believe it is an ET66 shell. *While subdued adler decals are sometimes controversial, in my opinion this one is 1000% period applied correct. *Hope you like it. *Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler   M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler  

M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler   M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler  

M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler   M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler  

M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice Jim. I know that Jules would be right behind you on these Adlers. He believed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Love it !! But already told you that !! I too am a believer in "subdued decals". As I said Jim...the liner in this is so nicely matched with the overall wear of this helmet.
    Congrats again on your new addition

A very unusual helmet. I've only seen the subdued decal in Ken's book so nice to see this. Thanks for posting.
    Nick

Well, I just got the helmet on Thursday, and apparently did not examine the liner closely enough. My initial description was wrong on a few points. The leather in the liner is dry stamped, the size is 64/57. Also, although I am not sure, the band may be dated 1931, not 1936 as I first thought. My apologies for the inaccurate description in the initial post. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler   M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler  

MAP
    ?

Nicer!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks to me 1936 on the band from pic# 11 of the liner date. Your 300X lot# puts you 1936-37. (But you know this already). You sound disappointed. Love embossed early 36' liners !!

Initially I thought it looked like a size 62 shell from the first 5 or 6 pictures. Until I saw the oval shape of the liner band, I kind of thought 64.

cleaned your pic up for you. It is 1936
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Former DD Luft Reissue - Subdued Green Adler  

Thanks Dave. Jim G.

Jim, Oh Jim Oh Jim, that really floats my boat!! What a great helmet, I love that subdued Adler, great "grounding" to the steel. When you see one like this where the hell is the controversy?
    No "Champagne" issues here other than "popping the cork" putting it on your head and having a raised glass!!!! Beautiful. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast