Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal

Article about: Pulled out the box with the oddball Luft helmets. I have had this one for a few years and may have posted it before but thought it deserved another thread. This one was originally a double d

Default M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal

Pulled out the box with the oddball Luft helmets. I have had this one for a few years and may have posted it before but thought it deserved another thread. This one was originally a double decal Luftwaffe helmet that was repainted and reissued with a rare subdued green Luft Adler decal. I think the shell is a size 64 but when it was refurbished the interior apron up to the liner was painted and the maker/size stamp was covered. The lot number is partially visible. Apparently they painted around the tri color when it was repainted but later that decal was scraped off (definitely War time done). A triangular area where the original Adler was applied was crudely painted over before the subdued Adler was applied. I have NO DOUBT that this decal was period applied. This was a pretty early helmet as it has the original single aluminum banded liner. The strap is long gone. An odd ball. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal   M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal  

M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal   M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal  

M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal   M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal
    P
    Many

A few more pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal   M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal  

Hopefully the lot number will be visible.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal  

A closer shot of the bird.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Former DD Luftwaff Helmet - Reisdued with Subdued Green Adler Decal  

MAP
    ?

Nice Jim. A green Birdy!!!

Thanks for showing this beauty
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Mike. Two more in the box, a beaded example and a late War M42. I will probably post them later today. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Love seeing your treasures!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice to see one on a helmet. Most I’ve seen are still on decal sheets.

Andy

M38
    ?

Very interesting helmet Jim. I like it. Not everybody believes that green or blue LW decals were ever put on helmets during the war but I have a few and I'm a true believer. Thanks for showing!

Cheers,
    Terry

I like it
    Seem like mine on a M42
    Mine was found in an Attic and than this eagles were applied during WW2 IMO

BR
    Bavarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast