Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Former Single Decal Helmet

Article about: Hello Kind Sirs, This is the first german item I ever bought. I was 11 and scored this and all manner of field gear in one large lot at a flea market. I bougth it because i thought it looked

Default M35 Former Single Decal Helmet

Hello Kind Sirs,

This is the first german item I ever bought. I was 11 and scored this and all manner of field gear in one large lot at a flea market. I bougth it because i thought it looked cool.
    Seeing as I was 11 when I bought it, I did what most boys would do, wear it on halloween etc. Thank go there was no damage but my idea of storage at age 11 was jammed in the corner of the attic anyway i digress

I wanted to share it with you guys to see if there was anything I missed,marks,paint,former camo et ect.
    only mark is on inside by the ear. no stamp under liner on crown of helmet.
    This is one of many helmets I will be posting.
    If you need more or better pics or have questions i would love to help
    Thanks for you help in advance guys
    Ned
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Former Single Decal Helmet   M35 Former Single Decal Helmet  

M35 Former Single Decal Helmet   M35 Former Single Decal Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Former Single Decal Helmet
    P
    Many

Looks like a well worn lid I can see two different paints on it and remains of a heer decal, the pea green and possibly repainted later on feldgrau grey?

Some whitewash residue maybe?

Show us your field gear hoard too!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for the input. I haven't touched it but it seems there had to be some repainting or white was, very nice overall but those little spots is what I was looking for clarification on.
    The balance of my collection and/or what I will be selling in due time.

Hi Ned, welcome to the forum, this one looks like a very nice M35 helmet that was originally pea green but then had a depot level re-paint and liner re-fit as the liner has the later "round bale" chinstrap rings. If it had been a factory re-fit the pea green would have been stripped off before the feldgrau gray paint was applied. A very helmet that as you say was a HEER issue but had the decal removed per the 1940 decal drop regulation. Leon.

Default Updated Details

As discussed at the beginning of the post this was my first Helmet

Took it out in an attempt to see if I missed anything.

There is a maker serial on the liner strap,

It seems to read

BRN
    0/1272/00

May be missing a digit the beginning it appears that there is just one 0 before the slash.[

Extremely hard to read, best pic I could get is attached.

Know this adds a nice detail

Just wanted to Share,

Happy Holidays

Sharing is Caring

General Putnam
    ATTACH=CONFIG]1032500[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Former Single Decal Helmet  

MAP
    ?

Well it is not the original strap that came with the helmet when it left the factory the first time, but highly probable that is was a war time replacement when it was repainted/refurbished given that you have had this since you were a kid.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)