Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Heer helmet

Article about: I am considering getting this M35 Heer helmet in the next few days. I believe it has been reissued to one Hptm.Hinze and Bäumler Lorenz? Wachdinnst Norwegen the decal looks good to me, the o

Default M35 Heer helmet

I am considering getting this M35 Heer helmet in the next few days.
    I believe it has been reissued to one Hptm.Hinze and Bäumler Lorenz? Wachdinnst Norwegen

the decal looks good to me, the owner says it got a new decal in 1942, how he manage to know that I don't know, but to me the helmet looks alright

C.Sciele Loburg 1942 chinstrap
    Lot number: ET62, 20231

I think if I can get it at the price of around 500$ it's an O.K deal due to it being reissued as well as some wear to the shell

M35 Heer helmetM35 Heer helmetM35 Heer helmetM35 Heer helmetM35 Heer helmetM35 Heer helmetM35 Heer helmetM35 Heer helmetM35 Heer helmetM35 Heer helmetM35 Heer helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer helmet
    P
    Many

The decal looks to me as if was applied over rust. I do not believe in 1942,I believe at a more recent time. it my be me but something does not feel right about it. Normandie you have over 600 post and have been around since 2012 it's time to become a member.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

It is definitely a reissued helmet as this is not the as issued factory paint.

Will leave review of the decal to others...my question is the interior. Being an M35 it should have either a single aluminum band or a double aluminum band liner. The single banded aluminum liners however had squared cast aluminum chinstrap bales. This appears to have the bent wire (rounded) bales found on either the double aluminum band or the later steel framed liners. As such, I suspect that this is a steel framed liner which means at one point it was replaced. Maybe wartime during a refurb maybe post war. The chin strap is also not original to the helmet. It is dated too late. Like the liner, wartime or postwar?

I would need better pictures or in hand for a formal opinion.

Also are you sure this is an ET? Is it maybe an EF? They had # in the 20k range by 1940 (an unlike ET, their lot numbers are NOT consecutive) or did you type the lot number wrong? For an M35 lot numbers should not be this high. According to Ken N's book, they stopped in the 4000 range for M35's.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I like the liner wear ( see my M35 reissue for comparison - a vet bring back )

M35 Heer helmet

and I agree with Michael's assessment ( compare my chinstrap & bales ) but the outside to me is odd ( again my example )

M35 Heer helmet

This one seems to have been stripped back, left to rust and then repainted, the rust bubbling up under the decal. Could be alright but I would be left wondering.

For a few hundred $ more you could find one without the questions.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Well you get what you pay for , the exterior to me looks like it was cleaned up or a coating of paint was removed.
    I would pass for this helmet. Save another 600$ and buy a complete nice one.

Thanks guys

Hi, I think the interior looks fine (although the name on the skirt looks 'fresh') but the exterior leaves something to be desired, as noted, the bubbling under the paint would be a concern to me.

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    The decal looks to me as if was applied over rust. I do not believe in 1942,I believe at a more recent time. it my be me but something does not feel right about it. Normandie you have over 600 post and have been around since 2012 it's time to become a member.
    Marty
    There's also another registered member with over 1,700 posts since first coming on the site in 2009, why not tell him too? And what about all the other who have been on here for several years and contribute absolutely zilch in financial terms?

Harry give me some names!!! It's time to bust a few knee caps!!!( a joke for the politically correct/or sensitive type). But in all fairness if this forum has saved you money and you have gained knowledge in your collecting circle become a member. My apologies if I have upset anyone that is not my intentions, but I do want people to think about it.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Marty, you have not upset me in the slightest! What upsets me are the LONG-STANDING registered members who don't pay a penny to the upkeep of this forum. And if there is one thing which is guaranteed to get under my skin, it is for a registered member to be having a go at a WRF club member. It does happen, and its just not on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast