Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 Heer for opinions

Article about: Good afternoon gents, As I have said many times I am not a "helmet guy" but I like them and do have a few (well, about 30 actually ) from around the world which add depth to my col

Quote by Copenhagen View Post
    Hello Watchdog, has the inside of the dome and under the liner band been painted, or was that the original colour?
    No, the shell appears to have been painted without removing the liner and a close look at the pctures shows this where the liner meets the inside of the peak and the skirt. The original colour is the so called "pea green" which is visible in a couple of the pics particularly on the left side rivet . The pics were taken in daylight and have not been colour adjusted. The colour I see on my PC monitor is the same as on the camera screen and is very accurate compared to the actual item.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer for opinions
    P
    Many

Good afternoon gents,

Having a bit of time I was preparing the helmet for display; just a bit of dust removal, I would never do anything invasive or remove patina but dirt is a hazard in the home and might contain all kinds of nasty stuff both chemical and organic. Anyway, I found marks that were not at first visible. The domestamp which can be read as dated 1938 is a real bonus but there is also a letter 'A' just above the left airvent which I have never seen before. There may be another mark at the rear of the dome but it is totally unreadable and could just be a stain. Anybody have a clue about the 'A'? There is also another name in the liner (different to 'Stein' scratched under the peak). The handwriting appears neat, the initial letter of the surname is D and I think the forename initial is U. Any advance on that? I like this helmet more every time I look at it.

All opinion is welcome.

Regards

Mark

M35 Heer for opinionsM35 Heer for opinionsM35 Heer for opinions
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-31-2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

I'm happy to stand corrected but I do not think it is known as to what the "A" stamp signifies. An acceptance stamp of some sort would be most likely.

There is a thread over at GHW looking for "B" marked examples.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is kind of the way I was leaning. Maybe it relates to the worker on a line who actually assembled the finished helmet from parts at the end of the process?

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-31-2017 at 07:12 PM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2