MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it a M35 helmet?

Article about: I picked this helmet up at an estate auction today. I normally collect WW1 Imperial German stuff, so I do not know much about WW2 German helmets. I am not sure but, I think that it is a M35,

?

Default Is it a M35 helmet?

I picked this helmet up at an estate auction today. I normally collect WW1 Imperial German stuff, so I do not know much about WW2 German helmets. I am not sure but, I think that it is a M35, but I am not sure. It have some surface rust, but most of the original field grayish green paint is still there, the liner is gone but the name “Rosenberg” is written in paint on the inside rear of the helmet. I may have given to much (120 US dollars) but, it look original to me, I would like any information on it, is it a M35?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it a M35 helmet?   Is it a M35 helmet?  

Is it a M35 helmet?   Is it a M35 helmet?  

Is it a M35 helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it a M35 helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is it a M35 helmet?

more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it a M35 helmet?   Is it a M35 helmet?  

it looks more like the model 40,,if your air vents are grommets,then it is a mod 35,,,the air vents on the 40/42 are punched out,and are part of the shell,,,nice pic at the sale,,,

Yes it does look original helmet to me ,the air vent on the m35 is made of two parts not part of the helmet that is the difference from the m40 I hope this help.

I believe M40 as well, and you didn't do too bad price wise.
    There are worse shells out there for more $$$.

Georg, Can you find any stamped maker/size/batch numbers on the rim anywhere ?
    It looks like it may not be too rusty to see them. At least you might know the
    manufacturer and the size ! !

Regards, Steve.

?

Thanks-for the information, the helmet is stampd "ET68""on inside Left.

Quote by Georg View Post
    Thanks-for the information, the helmet is stampd "ET68""on inside Left.

ET is the maker: Eisenhuttenwerke. Size = 68cm, which is
    considered a large helmet.

You can find original rivets etc. on-line if you wanted to dress it up a bit.

A nice find, Georg !

Regards, Steve.

One of those helmets that the age patina tells me its genuine .the name looks good to, and could be a nice reserach helmet/

Hi Georg,
    Nice find as said it is a 40 Patt there is still a good amount of paint on it also. It would make a nice display piece or get some good original parts and restore it, either way you have a good helmet there.

dave.

Stahlhelmexpert
    ?

thats M40

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast