MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M35 helmet identification

Article about: Dear Members! I got this M35 helmet from Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk, but I have many questions in connection with this one. There are two colours on the helmet. A grey-blue one and an apple gre

?

Default M35 helmet identification

Dear Members!

I got this M35 helmet from Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk, but I have many questions in connection with this one. There are two colours on the helmet. A grey-blue one and an apple green under it. You can also see the remains of the two Heer decals. If I see well, the codes of the helmet are: SE68 or SE88, and the numer is 3987. The liner band is made of aluminium. The liner is just a repro one.

So I would like to ask, what do you think about this helmet? Is the grey-blue painting also wartime made? Who could make it? Is is a Luftwaffe grey-blue painting or a Kiregsmarine one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 helmet identification   M35 helmet identification  

M35 helmet identification   M35 helmet identification  

M35 helmet identification   M35 helmet identification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 helmet identification
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a cleaned and interior restored, ground dug shell. The heavy oxidation makes it difficult to tell for sure, but period Heer helmets were repainted and reissued as Luft helmets.
    Regards,
    John

Doesn't really look like the Luftwaffe blue/grey to me!....

Heer, kriegsmarine, ss, polizei... all had the same factory paint; luftwaffe and luftschutz were blue. I dont think the leather is original to the helmet, liner looks like it was removed IMO. But the paint is ok IMO.

?

Thank You Gentlemen!

Yes, the helmet is a ground dug one, it was found in a creek or something like that. The liner, as I have written it, is not original, the earlier owner have put it in the helmet, and later I would like to replace it with an original liner and add an original chain strap!

The paint has a good chance to be original I think. I would not bother upgrading the shell with genuine leather etc, it would be like putting a £500 exhaust on a £200 car, if you get my meaning It is what it is, a good conditioned relic.

?

Thank you for your answer! I totally understand you! I would like to replace the not original liner with an original just if I can find a (very) cheap one. (I bidded on one original on a Hungarian site for 20 dollars. So if I win for that prize I would be happy.If not there is no problem)

Regard
    Gabe