Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Helmet/Spanish Civil War

Article about: I was not sure where to post this M35 helmet. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. This M35 style helmet has come up for auction and I note it carries the Fascist crest of Spain. I assume

Default M35 Helmet/Spanish Civil War

I was not sure where to post this M35 helmet. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. This M35 style helmet has come up for auction and I note it carries the Fascist crest of Spain. I assume this is a German manufactured helmet for the Spanish Nationalists under Franco. I have never seen one and may pursue this one. The color is a brownish/green. The helmet has been repainted and you cannot see any markings inside. Hopefully, these photos will be sufficient to authenticate this example. NH

M35 Helmet/Spanish Civil WarM35 Helmet/Spanish Civil WarM35 Helmet/Spanish Civil WarM35 Helmet/Spanish Civil War

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Helmet/Spanish Civil War
    P
    Many

?

This is a very nice Spanish helmet appears to have an original ww2 german liner still in it, heavy repaint the strap looks like it is from another country very nice helmet one of the nicer Spanish helmets I have seen

Quote by gel65 View Post
    This is a very nice Spanish helmet appears to have an original ww2 german liner still in it, heavy repaint the strap looks like it is from another country very nice helmet one of the nicer Spanish helmets I have seen
    No doubt about it. Shame about the repaint.
    "Fascist crest of Spain" is called the cross of Santiago.

Cheers
    Nuno

ASR
    ?

Is a german 1935 helmet fashioned to comply with the 1943 regulations (which ushered in a helmet of germanic influence but not as well made).
    Spain received some German 1935 helmets during the Spnish civil war and I have been told that after the war France sold to Spain a certain surplus of <<captured>> german helmets.
    All these were impressed into Spanish service along with the local produced one: painted olive drab and with the metal ring at the front to affix the eagle crest mentioned in previous posts for parades.

Yours is one of those!

Default Re: Spanish Civil War M35

Thanks for posting this, and thank you to ASR. I did not know about the French also supplying these to Spain. I have one of these M35's used by Spain. Mine has a very nice repaint in greyish green, but the M31 liner has been replaced with the Spanish M26 style three-pad liner on a leather band, with corresponding chinstraps. Also, the bracket for the eagle crest is a small vertical rectangular box-type affair. Soldered or brazed on it appears. I have a Spanish-used Italian M33 with the exact same device added. This is interesting because My Spanish M38, M Z-42, and M Z-42/79 have a horizontal metal strip with a bulge in the middle to accommodate the tab on the emblem. Enjoyed seeing this helmet, thanks again.