Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Kriegsmarine camo SD

Article about: I went to go shooting today with friends and on the way I spotted a army jacket at a yard sale going by at 60mph so I decided to turn around and see what they had. I bought the m61 field jac

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Thanks guys, and yes, I have to find my drill bits and the rivets are gone, but I am not sure about filling the holes.
    I like the paint job on it a lot, I almost just bought a ND m42 for a bit more than I paid for this one!
    As a soft gap fill you can use Blu Tac and texta it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Kriegsmarine camo SD
    P
    Many

Agree toned Heer not enough gold for KM or the raised background Nice helmet and has had a tropical type cammo at one time or DAK you can see reminents of it. Nice helmet regardless. timothy

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Agree toned Heer not enough gold for KM or the raised background Nice helmet and has had a tropical type cammo at one time or DAK you can see reminents of it. Nice helmet regardless. timothy

Tim,
    No offense but that is field mud or dirt that is sooo hard to fake (IMO). Not a paint color, but evidence of use, and sometime even indicative of theater of use.

One of a few examples I own.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...5-heer-212862/
    Regards,
    John

IMO drill out the rivets and leave the holes...

Thanks for the input again guys and nice looking helmet John.

Todd I never find these things at yard sales either but I do find things often when I ask if they happen to have any military things for sale. Like today the guy said well I do have some things in my basement you might be interested in... lol

Can anyone tell anything by the heat stamp other than the mfg Sachsische Emaillier and size 60?

Hi , that's a nice and interesting Heer helmet for sure , I say interesting not only because of what it is , but also that it appears to be a lot number that is now not a branch of service specific one as Brian Ice's book has SE60 4522 listed as a single decal Luftwaffe! As we all know lot numbers are not set in stone as for a branch of service but they are a useful guide. Brian is on this forum so it may be of use to him for you to PM this one for his next book update!! Leon.

?

Again, I agree with my peers. This is not a KM. A good way to tell the difference is the 3-D or shadow behind the swastika , these only appear on the KM. the Heer variant has the 2-D swastika.
    Either way, this is a great find, and my favorite kind, an unexpected inquiry .If you can, try to see if you can get the belt and buckle I see in one of the pics posted. The flag looks clean too.

?

Toned Heer and I'd leave the rivets. It's part of this helmets post 1945 history now, it tells a story. Nice one!

Thanks for the tip Dean, and the info Leon. Do you think the helmet started as a luft and was reissued as a Heer?
    A mod can change the title so it is not misleading, and thanks Doug glad you approve
    Would this be considered a camo, I am not sure if it is just a coat of mud done in the field or also in the paint?
    Like I said I am a novice in this field and it took me too long to get my first!

?

Looks like a camo from here!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast