Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Luft size 53, just purchased

Article about: I just won and Ebay auction for this helmet. It is a small size 53, and the seller said it was all original. Opinions please?

The photos show correct rotation on my computer I use. Is there a way to repost and try again?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luft size 53, just purchased
    P
    Many

Quote by Seahorse View Post
    The photos show correct rotation on my computer I use. Is there a way to repost and try again?
    Please repost the photos in this thread and I will correct it. It is a common problem when uploading photos from phones.
    Ralph.

Quote by Seahorse View Post
    I tried to correct the previewed pictures, but there seemed to be no way to edit them in the preview window.
    You have to do it in the upload window.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It is an SE M35. It is original, but it looks like there has been at least one period repaint. I see some green that looks like it is under the top coat of paint. Take a look at the interior of the dome to see if the original factory paint was green or Luft blue. It is an M35, so it would have started out as a double decal. Can you see any traces of a decal on the right Also, it looks to me like the last coat of paint is black. Is it? I hate to be a pest, but better pictures would do the helmet justice, because it looks like a nice example. Pictures in natural but not direct sunlight, with close ups in the macro mode will help. A nice close up of the decal would be appreciated, and shots of the chin strap bales would tell whether the liner was replaced. As you post more threads you will get the hang of the photography. Cheers, Jim G.

More pics taken outside. The color underneath is green, repainted a blue-green, not black. I don't see a decal on the right side, only the eagle on the left. M35 Luft size 53, just purchasedM35 Luft size 53, just purchasedM35 Luft size 53, just purchasedM35 Luft size 53, just purchasedM35 Luft size 53, just purchasedM35 Luft size 53, just purchasedM35 Luft size 53, just purchasedM35 Luft size 53, just purchasedM35 Luft size 53, just purchased

Welcome to the forum Seahorse, you have found one of those real rarities on Ebay, a genuine un-messed with helmet!! A fine Luftwaffe M35 that any collector would be proud of, well done. Leon.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate each one. I've always wanted an original M35 helmet, and I guess I hit the mark on this one. :-) It was a gamble, but the seller seemed honest in his dealings. Thanks Leon! Forest

MAP
    ?

Pictures rotated for post # 14

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Welcome to the forum, and as stated a nice and complete Luftwaffe helmet. Great eBay find.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The liner looks really clean for a helmet that has clearly seen a lot of use. Even the inside of the helmet has scuffs and has been marred, yet the liner looks lightly used. The liner size stamp looks like it could be of a late war type. Also, if I'm not mistaken, that appears to be pigskin which started to see common use after 1941. Makes me wonder if it was recently replaced before the helmet stopped seeing service, or I suppose it could be a post war replacement as well, if it is indeed a replacement. I might veer towards a late war replacement, as I can't imagine it would be terribly easy to find a replacement in this size for a collector to have done it down the road. Close examination might tell more, but all in all it looks to be all original to me from what we've seen thus far.

The liner is aluminum, and it has liner pins marked "40" on them. I suppose that based on these liner pins and repaint, it is a 1940 re-issued helmet.
    Last edited by Seahorse; 08-14-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast