Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M35 Luftwaffe DD

Article about: So I’ve been looking at this luftwaffe helmet for a while and I like it and I like the m35 style square chinstrap holders (not sure what the official name for them is). One thing that I do q

Like David said , the gator effect is a non issue it has been observed on period helmets. It's how the steel formed , why I do not know.
    Tricolor looks untouched to me , the swastika of the eagle is a maybe but there seems to be enough left so it could just be a smear that occured post war.

These are the things to ponder over , price versus flaws. We do it with every purchase ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe DD
    P
    Many

Just wanted to update everybody. I have ordered this helmet what ultimately made me make the decision to get it was the decal though it might have been touched up it also could’ve just smeared the base white coat something that will be left
    To wonder lol. And also the dealer came down on the price.

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Just wanted to update everybody. I have ordered this helmet what ultimately made me make the decision to get it was the decal though it might have been touched up it also could’ve just smeared the base white coat something that will be left
    To wonder lol. And also the dealer came down on the price.
    IMO, the "smear" of the decal is not what would make me think it had been touched up. The crooked lines of the swastika make me think it has been touched up.
    Here is the decal of my M35 repainted Luft with a snake leg eagle. Notice the "smears" on the wings. Also notice, how straight the lines are on the swastika.
    It wouldn't bother me to own the helmet you posted.
    Ralph.

M35 Luftwaffe DD
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You should post more pictures of your helmet! I’ve never seen that variant of that decal it is very interesting And very nice!. And when you say crooked lines what do you mean by that? I’ve been looking at it and I do not see the crooked lines with all do respect. I’m not sure if I’m looking at it right but the swastika to me looks almost like 90 degree angles.

You should post more pictures of your helmet! I’ve never seen that variant of that decal it is very interesting And very nice!. And when you say crooked lines what do you mean by that? I’ve been looking at it and I do not see the crooked lines with all do respect. I’m not sure if I’m looking at it right but the swastika to me looks almost like 90 degree angles.
    Have a close up look at this part of the swastika.
    Ralph.

M35 Luftwaffe DD
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Have a close up look at this part of the swastika.
    Ralph.

M35 Luftwaffe DD
    LoL....was just doing the same thing Ralph. white over the black edges. Definitely touched up IMHO but still a nice helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ahhh okay yes I see that thank you! If nothing good is to come from this helmet at least the knowledge learned from it can be applied towards something else lol. One question just to further the conversation haha is it possible the black edges of the swastika was worn down in the spot tthat you have circled and the white paint over the coarse of it being used some how bled over just a question I hope it’s not a totally idiotic one lol.

MAP
    ?

Highly unlikely Canyon. Still a very nice helmet. Who knows when it was done. I wouldn't worry so much.

When you get it, try to take some clear close up photos to clear up the mystery
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Will do for sure! And rbminis you should definetly post that helmet I’ve fallen in love with that decal lol

Ahhh okay yes I see that thank you! If nothing good is to come from this helmet at least the knowledge learned from it can be applied towards something else lol. One question just to further the conversation haha is it possible the black edges of the swastika was worn down in the spot tthat you have circled and the white paint over the coarse of it being used some how bled over just a question I hope it’s not a totally idiotic one lol.
    I don't think so, on the main beam and the 90 you have white over black, and on the arm you have black over white.
    It is a very minor point, just responding to your comment about being touched up.
    I am not really a helmet guy, so this is just my opinion.
    Ralph.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast