Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 Luftwaffe Helmet

Article about: Hi Guys, I am new to this excellent forum. Can anyone give me their opinion on whether this helmet is original? Thanks, Steve

?

Goodie,

If you are in Canada, my advice is to wait it out a bit. Our Dollar is so weak at the moment that it will cost you 25% more for anything out of the states and then customs and shipping on top of that. That being said, there are helmets to be found up here and a few members of this forum that are in Canada and may have something to sell. I don't myself at the moment, but I'll PM a few other Canadians here and see if anyone is selling anything. If you're only looking for one good WW2 lid, then my advice is to snag one that has already been vetted here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Rahllo View Post
    Goodie,

If you are in Canada, my advice is to wait it out a bit. Our Dollar is so weak at the moment that it will cost you 25% more for anything out of the states and then customs and shipping on top of that. That being said, there are helmets to be found up here and a few members of this forum that are in Canada and may have something to sell. I don't myself at the moment, but I'll PM a few other Canadians here and see if anyone is selling anything. If you're only looking for one good WW2 lid, then my advice is to snag one that has already been vetted here.
    Thanks for that but i am in the UK .

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, welcome to the forum!

The basic helmet itself is original, but the exterior has been messed with. Look at the bright steel around the air vent and liner pin holes. Not one for your collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Evening gents, this is my helmet on the bay. It is an ex-winter white wash that has been scrubbed back at some time, hence the very clean appearance of the exterior and vents/pins, but then again, the interior shows little use. The only problem I have with it is that someone at sometime has tried to re-paint the National shield, but got the colours in the wrong order. I could have scrapped off the paint but decided to leave it to whoever owns it in the end. The pins are un-messed with, I guess what Ade is seeing as fresh steel is the remains of white wash that is butted up against the pin heads as there is no exposed metal in those areas. I do concede the vents have lost their finish to the edges though. The granular over paint is just the bog standard blue/grey and the interior is indeed gloss Luftwaffe blue. The faintest remains of the Luftwaffe Adler are on the other side but my camera will not pick it out!
    At a starting price of £150, I thought it was a bargain!
    Here are some better daylight images,
    I hope that answers any questions, Leon.M35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe Helmet

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Evening gents, this is my helmet on the bay. It is an ex-winter white wash that has been scrubbed back at some time, hence the very clean appearance of the exterior and vents/pins, but then again, the interior shows little use. The only problem I have with it is that someone at sometime has tried to re-paint the National shield, but got the colours in the wrong order. I could have scrapped off the paint but decided to leave it to whoever owns it in the end. The pins are un-messed with, I guess what Ade is seeing as fresh steel is the remains of white wash that is butted up against the pin heads as there is no exposed metal in those areas. I do concede the vents have lost their finish to the edges though. The granular over paint is just the bog standard blue/grey and the interior is indeed gloss Luftwaffe blue. The faintest remains of the Luftwaffe Adler are on the other side but my camera will not pick it out!
    At a starting price of £150, I thought it was a bargain!
    Here are some better daylight images,
    I hope that answers any questions, Leon.M35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe HelmetM35 Luftwaffe Helmet
    Hi Leon thanks for extra pics i am a beginner on ww2 helmets and only intend to get one, so i thought i would get a second (or third) opinion i will see how it goes on ebay as im on a budget thanks again .Steve

Quote by goodie View Post
    Hi Leon thanks for extra pics i am a beginner on ww2 helmets and only intend to get one, so i thought i would get a second (or third) opinion i will see how it goes on ebay as im on a budget thanks again .Steve
    Hi Steve, no worries, always best to ask for opinions on these German lids. I do admit that my ebay pictures are not the best as I took them in the bedroom at night! Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2