Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo

Article about: Just picked this one up. Let me know what you think. Looks the deal to me.

Default M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo

Just picked this one up. Let me know what you think. Looks the deal to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo   M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo  

M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo   M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo  

M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo   M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo  

M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo
    P
    Many

?

The liner is not correct, unless it is a reissue after 1940 or so...?

I assume so. The rivets are dated 41. Not sure about the band. Not really wanting to tear it open just yet.

Paint and decal seem to be on target

Other two remaining rivets. I don't have much in this one so I am not too overly concerned with a few problems.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo   M35 Luftwaffe Pickuo  

Maybe 1 replaced liner rivet? The other two buttons look silver toned on the outside instead of brass under the paint.

Hi, looks like it could well be a factory re-furb / upgraded M35 to me. The original double decals and smooth paint appear to be stripped clean away and the later granulated finish applied with a single decal. That would also account for the 1940 or later liner that has been installed. Leon.

Could this be a reissue?

?

It looks to have some "texture applied." Doesn't look like a lot, but there are some signals to me that it is a reissue - 1) M40 liner 2) Single decal (which doesn't "guarantee" reissue) 3) Texture applied, enough to say it was applied....

My thoughts are yes....

Thanks for that Leon. I looked at it and looked at it and nothing said fake or reproduction to me. It did seem odd though. Is the eagle the second variation? Wish I had some decent reference books to study since this is my main collecting focus and I am just a novice in the scheme of things. I have had a M35 before but it was the early blue toned and had remnants of the shield decal. Would it be worth opening the helmet up to see what is on the band? I know that is frowned upon in helmet world and I am sure I'll upgrade this one at some point.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast