Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 or M40 DD CAMO named?

Article about: All ok this one.

Its refreshing to see a good one once in awhile, I like it also.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 or M40 DD CAMO named?
    P
    Many

?

Much better pictures!

On this small screen it looks pretty damn good. Definitely dug decals, but it is what it is.
    Regards,
    John

?

Thank you for all comments!
    I don't know if I dare to smile big just yet but it sounds like it is a good one so far.

There is a stamp in the bottom of the helmet. It's very hard to read but you can see "1937" and I think I saw some more text but I will have to look at in again more carefully.
    Is the stamp important? Should I try to find out what it says?

I'm a new collector so I apologize for my newbie questions.

EDIT: I read about washers on the rivets. I think all rivets have washers, if that matters.

Hi, is the stamp an oval shape? If so it is a factory dome stamp that was put in some of a production run. Not all helmets had one. Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, is the stamp an oval shape? If so it is a factory dome stamp that was put in some of a production run. Not all helmets had one. Leon.
    Yes it's oval shaped. I'll try and read it but it is very hard to see. There is some text in the oval, factory name I guess.

Looks better with these pics. I think the reinforced alu band came in in 1938, so fine for this one being the early type I think. You did well, congrats.

?

This is what I can read from the stamp:

Augenommen (hard to read exactly)
    1937 (very clear)
    (some text)
    ...für Heer...

"Abgenommen IV 1937 Beschaftungsampt fur Heer und Marine", something like that. It's an inspection stamp to say it is an accepted standard.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    "Abgenommen IV 1937 Beschaftungsampt fur Heer und Marine", something like that. It's an inspection stamp to say it is an accepted standard.
    Thank you!
    I can read the "IV" also.

I like all I see I usually am leary of cammo's but this one looks OK I agree with Leon liner not Norweign original german no Dye bleedthrough tounge holes and this liner is not Brick red. Some people get Plum silly over Norweign liners they aren't that hard to tell. Just a dark chestnut collor of well used German one. timothy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast