Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 "Normandy camo"

Article about: Ok, thanks guys It's going to be at an auction next Saturday so I wont be able to see it close untill then. What should I look for to tell if it's good or bad? I'm not sure but I think it's

Default M35 "Normandy camo" Real or Fake?

I am thinking about buying this helmet. What do you guys think about it? And if it's authentic what would it be worth?

The decals look like they have been uncovered post war, also I think there was chicken wire attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images M35 "Normandy camo"  M35 "Normandy camo"  M35 "Normandy camo"  M35 "Normandy camo" 
    Last edited by Wehrmacht39; 06-26-2010 at 02:27 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 "Normandy camo"
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 "Normandy camo"

Looks good to me, pity that the decal has been dug out though, still a great piece of history

Thanks

Danny

I am thinking this is a fake.I was looking for info on atlantic wall camo helmet.I found this website that makes fakes and I saw one that looks vey close to your.same camo,chicken wire marking m35........
    here the website
    alexander and son restoration
    look under helmet ans after camo.

Anyone else? Cummon helmet experts I need your help!

?

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    Anyone else? Cummon helmet experts I need your help!
    W39, Unfortunately there cannot be a reasonable opinion good or bad given about this helmet because the photos are simply much to far away and do not show the many details needed to give a proper or informed evaluation, it is only guessing from these pics. The devil is in the details.

Doug

Quote by DougB View Post
    W39, Unfortunately there cannot be a reasonable opinion good or bad given about this helmet because the photos are simply much to far away and do not show the many details needed to give a proper or informed evaluation, it is only guessing from these pics. The devil is in the details.

Doug
    Hi Doug did you look at that website,that I told him to look at.I would love to hear you input about it.

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Hi Doug did you look at that website,that I told him to look at.I would love to hear you input about it.
    Websites like that are the reason that good photos are needed when evaluating helmets.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Websites like that are the reason that good photos are needed when evaluating helmets.
    I agree with you ,but they have one helmet that just look so much like this one camo helmet are all different from each other but this one just look to much like the one posted M35,camo the same the chicken wire marking.We do need more pictures but I got this feeling it is fake.please look at that website and look at that helmet under camo.
    I know I am hard when it comes to helmet,I just do not want anyone to pay good money for a fake.

?

Yes I see it, impossible to say the subject helmet comes from this "restoration" website or not, chicken wire ghosted fakes are a dime a dozen out there. Without good clear closeup photos I wouldnt buy anything much less an "authentic" Normandy camo former chicken wire helmet.

Thank you for looking at it.I like to see the pictures of the decals,to really see the real deal.
    But at this point with out thoses picture I would pass.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast