Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M35 original?

Article about: Hi Guys - the strange painted helmets keeps being offered. Do you think the helmet is a real ? The color seems to be post war as far as I can see?

Default M35 original?

Hi Guys - the strange painted helmets keeps being offered. Do you think the helmet is a real ? The color seems to be post war as far as I can see?
    M35 original?M35 original?M35 original?M35 original?M35 original?M35 original?M35 original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 original?

Hi there,it looks like a decent M35 with the early "shiney" Luftwaffe blue paint that has been "cleaned/stripped" for some reason.You can just see the shadow of the adler in one of the pictures!The liner also has the earlier "square" bales for the chinstrap. This one stands a chance of being good but as the decals are removed you will want to get it at a good price!! Leon.

Thank you for the fast answer

So the blue paint can be original? I have never seen helmets that shiny before - that was what led me to believe that it was re-painted. Good point on the removed decal - and didn´t notice that

M35 original?M35 original?M35 original?M35 original?
    Quote by Militariacurious View Post
    Thank you for the fast answer

So the blue paint can be original? I have never seen helmets that shiny before - that was what led me to believe that it was re-painted. Good point on the removed decal - and didn´t notice that
    Hi,all branches of service were known to have "shiney" paint pre-war,that was then over painted in drab.Heres some picture's of my Luftwaffe that had it's period over paint. Leon.

Ahh i can see the similarites That is one nice looking helmet you have there I envy you

I might suggest it's a Finnish reissue postwar, tough to say with these pics.

An example.

M35 original?

The paint looks like early LW to me with the decals removed.

M35 original?

I agree with Kradspam, I would say postwar Finnish paint. I dont see any evidence of decal being scrapped from the existing paint. If it were prewar or early war paint it would be a DD as well, but as I said, cant see the decals being scrapped.

Jason

Either way i think this would be great at the right price!...