Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Q64 - Czech issue?????

Article about: Hi all, Another helmet I have had for some time is this Czech? reissue M35. Someone sometime years ago roughly resprayed it an OT colour ( for reasons foul or fair I know not ) but it still

Default M35 Q64 - Czech issue?????

Hi all,
    Another helmet I have had for some time is this Czech? reissue M35. Someone sometime years ago roughly resprayed it an OT colour ( for reasons foul or fair I know not ) but it still has the liner, chinstrap and telltale funny rivets. 2 Questions if anyone knows....

1) Most of these get converted to period lids with repo liners, chinstraps and some aging effects ( and sadly passed off as real TR issue )
    I would like it to remain a representative sample of what it is - a post war helmet. What do you all think? what does the liner stamp denote?

2) OR, because the lot number is 3225 and from various databases this indicates it is an early Q lid that sat among other double decal Luftwaffe helmets. Would it have been unused stock or reworked after the war removing all the finish? Should I try to retrieve any???

Sorry, that's more than TWO questions!!
    Comments or thoughts welcome ( not necessarily adhered to however LOL )
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Q64 - Czech issue?????   M35 Q64 - Czech issue?????  

M35 Q64 - Czech issue?????   M35 Q64 - Czech issue?????  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Q64 - Czech issue?????
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 Q64 - Czech issue?????

Any signs at all of decals beneath the paint? Your questions kind of depend on each other. If you want to do one, you can't really do the other. If you leave it as what it is, you can't try to find what is under the paint. And if you try to remove the paint to look for decals, you can never put it back the way it was. Being a reissued helmet, with the tan paint, is part of its history. It's really up to you, but you'd have to be prepared to be disappointed if there is nothing beneath the paint. That's the best answer I can give you.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Any signs at all of decals beneath the paint? Your questions kind of depend on each other. If you want to do one, you can't really do the other. If you leave it as what it is, you can't try to find what is under the paint. And if you try to remove the paint to look for decals, you can never put it back the way it was. Being a reissued helmet, with the tan paint, is part of its history. It's really up to you, but you'd have to be prepared to be disappointed if there is nothing beneath the paint. That's the best answer I can give you.
    Yeah, I know they were slightly contradictory questions - leave it alone and be always wondering or go for it, find nothing and then HAVE to restore it!
    Thats why I am putting it out there - to get comments from you fine chaps .... it's just the tan seems a bit too roughly applied to be a genuine colour but if I fiddle with it I could be ruining a good 1950's helmet.
    THanks, Dan

Hmmmmm, decisions, decisions, lol

Not a helmet expert-but at this point... I will only buy legit helmets from members here/dealers! I'm tired of repainted shells and all that jazz! Idiots ruin good lids and fakers are trash!

G'day Dan, not sure about the reissue origins but the liner rivets look to me to be Finnish, it's in good Nick and i'd be leaning towards leaving it as is.
    Cheers Phill.

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    G'day Dan, not sure about the reissue origins but the liner rivets look to me to be Finnish, it's in good Nick and i'd be leaning towards leaving it as is.
    Cheers Phill.
    Thanks Phill, if I can learn more about these post war issues that would be cool ( any experts on the forum ) - the trouble is SO many get modified into TR copies there is not enough originals left to know exactly whose it was !
    Dan

Looking at the liner in this thread it may be a Danish post war issue??????
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...helmet-208662/

Any Danes out there that may have an idea? .........

Looks like you figured it out, but I would have said a Danish reissue as well.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

ive been looking but havent came across anything yet. but i seen one the same color i little while ago at a dealers shop but it went befor i could have a good look at it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast