Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

Article about: Hello i want to show you this M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo It's a well preserved mud find Manufacturer: Quist F. W. "Friedrich Wilhelm Quist" Esslingen am Neckar Gr.66 LosNr. 664 most li

?

Default M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

Hello i want to show you this

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

It's a well preserved mud find

Manufacturer: Quist
    F. W. "Friedrich Wilhelm Quist" Esslingen am Neckar

Gr.66

LosNr. 664 most likely

Helmet was produced 1937 >

Winter camouflage is a lime painting, the brush marks are good to see.

The helmet a mud found was recovered in the territory of Stalingrad (Volgograd)

The two contours of the badges shows it´s a DD

Color under the winter coat is green-blue

Badges are also painted over with this green-blue color

Helmet was sometimes „abgetarnt“ at first and later camouflaged with lime

The liner with sheepskin and early aluminum liner band is by:
    Biedermann & Czarnikow (B & C Berlin) 193?

Size Stamping: 66 N. A. / 58

Liner is a bit stiff but flexible and except of open seam in good condition
    The drawstring was supplemented by me, but it is original

All rivets are tight and were never open.

The chin strap with aluminum buckle is from the manufacturer: RAHM & KAMPMANN, Wuppertal E. 1937

The complete helmet with liner and chinstrap was carefully cleaned in Oxal bath

Thats why leather and chinstrap are in this clean and bright codition.

I think a and not often seen early M35 DD winter camo helmet which has a lot experienced

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo

Thank you for looking !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35-Q66 DD Winter Camo
    P
    Many

i could be wrong but imo a n origional liner in this relic shell would not even be there to clean,.just by going off the deterioration of the shell,.so i am going with an origional M35 snow camo,.with an origional replaced liner system & chinstrap.but thats just me.a liner underground would rott & i dont think would come out that well even when cleaned,.i think it would have lost its colour at least.but lik ei said thats just my opinion.,& i am open to arguements,i think this is interesting.

si

Interesting helmet..............whilst I believe that the white camo is period. I do not believe that the liner and chin strap have been on that helmet all it's life. There is a very good possiblity that it has been re-lined. It appears to have less wear than the helmet And obviously the cord is a replacement which itself says that it has been "played with"

I agree with the other guys!......

I must admit that I like the look of the cammo but serious questions are raised about it when I look at the liner. The pins appear to be un-molested and yet the liner itself looks way to good in this relic lid as the gents have already said. If the pins have not been "re-bent" for the replacement of the liner, then the perfect match they have with the cammo on the outside is a real worry. I would feel ill at ease with this one personally, as it stands as the "parts" do not sit comfortably together for me. Leon.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Interesting helmet..............whilst I believe that the white camo is period. I do not believe that the liner and chin strap have been on that helmet all it's life. There is a very good possiblity that it has been re-lined. It appears to have less wear than the helmet And obviously the cord is a replacement which itself says that it has been "played with"
    I agree.

?

Thank you very much for opinions guys!

Yes the liner System is worthy of discussion i agree.

But it´s beyond question everything is original like you said

The drawstring was supplemented by me but it is origina tool i had wrote it above.

A really experienced collector colleague did a oxal bath to his M42 helmet with liner System and the result was really astonishing.

I will ask him if i can post pics before and after.

Oxal is cleaning leather as well really good so it´s not surprising to see such condition to a liner.

Regards
    Wehrmi

the helmet is a great reference sample.