Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 Q68 DD Luftwaffe. My First Double.

Article about: If all else fails, you could place it upon a pedestal in the middle of the room, encase it in glass, and have all sides viewable. But judging from your avatar, it looks like the decision has

Default Re: M35 Q68 DD Luftwaffe. My First Double.

If all else fails, you could place it upon a pedestal in the middle of the room, encase it in glass, and have all sides viewable. But judging from your avatar, it looks like the decision has already been made. What a Lovely Lufty it is! I miss seeing double decals in the steel helmets forum.

Regards,

Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Q68 DD Luftwaffe. My First Double.
    P
    Many

?

I remember this one, good pick up!
    Cheers
    Doug

I had my eye on this one when it was for sale. Congratulations on your fine pickup!

I thought I could feel a few eyes on this just before I pulled the trigger actually

Thanks chaps, I'm pleased to be in the double club. I was planning on joining the SS club this year, but a 1 year old baby is expensive so I have decided to put that on hold for a little while. Admittedly, anticipating the conversation with my girlfriend who was a bit blown away I spent what I did on this one She's good to me.

?

Very nice helmet indeed Andy. I like the customized liner.aybe the padding could be for insulation in cold weather? I know it's speculation.

Regards, Lars

?

It is always very satisfying to get something you really enjoy. Good going friend.

That's a possibility for sure Lars, it would certainly help in cold weather. I wish I knew something of the history of the lid but I sadly don't, and the name is obliterated

Here she is on my shelf next to a couple of my other lids

M35 Q68 DD Luftwaffe. My First Double.

After a prolonged period wearing a helmet you get what is called "Helmet head" and this gives a dull aching pain in your head. It's funny to see that even then soldiers were looking to make the issued kit just that little bit more comfortable and wearable just as we do today. GREAT LID and a little insight in to a soldiers past.

Thanks Rockape, RAF Regt?

Lovely helmet Andy! That FJ knee pad would sell it for me, not that the rest of the helmet didn't already!! Great addition to your collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2