MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Re-issue wire helmet

Article about: Forgive me for posting another helmet already but I just had to get some opinions on this helmet it seems like a far chance to being authentic as the chinstrap does not seem to match the con

Default M35 Re-issue wire helmet

Forgive me for posting another helmet already but I just had to get some opinions on this helmet it seems like a far chance to being authentic as the chinstrap does not seem to match the condition of the helmet and the liner seems chemically aged. But the paint seems to be nicely aged to me. Is there a way to artificially age paint like this?? Thank you everybody!
    I’ve asked for better pics and will post them when received.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Re-issue wire helmet   M35 Re-issue wire helmet  

M35 Re-issue wire helmet   M35 Re-issue wire helmet  

M35 Re-issue wire helmet   M35 Re-issue wire helmet  

M35 Re-issue wire helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Re-issue wire helmet
    P
    Many

Another Latvia creation.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

No chance.

Trying too hard and failing dismally...

Giants, I posted this one last night on the other wire camo thread as they looked so similar. One thing that stood out to me amongst others was the little “accents” of green colour that were strategically placed on the wire. You will notice that the camo is under the wire but then on the wire too. Just too forced in my opinion.

Andrew

M35 Re-issue wire helmet

Maybe painted & wired in the 80's...alternated between sitting out in the elements & maybe a garden shed. Remember...1985 is some 34-35 years ago. That's a long time to build up some patina, though rusty. Perhaps by 2060 it will look convincing
    D.

As said, a one look fake wire combo. Leon.

I think most of these 'made' helmets will not accumulate the same patina as they are kept in controlled environments.
    Often chemically treated , it leaves a stench that will last for a while.

Thank you everybody! I think I will be staying away from wired helmets for a while as I have not learned enough yet on them. Thank you everybody for your great opinions very much appreciated shall I leave a link just in case any of you want to buy it just kidding lol!