Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 reeisue

Article about: Hallo, When i bought this helmet they said to me that this M35 was reeisued to the luftwaffe. SE62, 3878. What's your unpinion? Greetings, Mark.

Benno
    ?

Default M35 reeisue

Hallo,

When i bought this helmet they said to me that this M35 was reeisued to the luftwaffe. SE62, 3878.
    What's your unpinion?

Greetings, Mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 reeisue   M35 reeisue  

M35 reeisue   M35 reeisue  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: M35 reeisue

Quote by Benno View Post
    Hallo,

When i bought this helmet they said to me that this M35 was reeisued to the luftwaffe. SE62, 3878.
    What's your unpinion?

Greetings, Mark.
    Cool Helmet...Its really difficult to tell to which force belongs..plenty of colours..no traces of decal...nice display item

?

Looks like it was a typical Heer reissue from the paint remnants and not LW, but better pics would help.

Benno
    ?

Thanks for your response.

I was told that this helmet was Heer and then later repaint in dark blue/grey to Luftwaffe, ground.div. I make better pictures of the helmet soon. This helmet costed me E.275-

Greetings, Mark.

Benno
    ?

Here are the helmets production numbers.

Greetings, Mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 reeisue   M35 reeisue  

?

Looks like someone tried to clean last mid war repaint with abrasive ofr sand paper and looks like remove till the steel base, after that helmet keeped in the wet place and got fresh rust over... The steel liner ring is for sure reissue, if it's original to the helmet. I have seen a lot of repeired/replaced liners used in Easter front
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

The lotnr falls smack within LW factory helmets and reissued Heer helmets, the opposite of what you were told. Interesting.

OKW
    ?

Not wishing to hijack your post but having no other evidence i want to relate this on the subject of helmet shells. About 9 years ago i was considering buying a house in France, more specifically Normandy. I was taken by an estate agent to view a property at Breville-Beuville between the beach and Caen. The occupier was an artist. One of his things was to make metal sculptures including using German helmet shells, of which he had about 20 in his garage waiting. He had collected them recently in the local area especially around Hillman the fortress about 2 km's away. By the gate to his walled garden he had an 88 mm shell case to keep his sticks in. To live with history.

Benno
    ?

Thanks for the response,

What I was told is that this is a M35. LW reissue. What i do know is that the helmet has the green color in the first paint layer. I thought that Luftwaffe has the blue/grey color?

regards, Mark